Dieselpunk BF 109

spacewolf

EXCELLENT !

That's  using your imagination!

Rock On.

:punk:

Thanks ! It is, I find, much more fun doing this and creating, figuring out and 'tweeking' the shapes rather than being locked into 'it HAS' to look this way.... Like doing a Mustang or P-51... modelers go anal about shape, details.. right down to the shade of paint on a given airframe on a certain date.... It kinda takes the fun out of it for me. Certainly my hats off to those who are so passionate about their chosen topic... we need them, no matter what their field.. it makes our hobby richer and stronger.... but for me, right now I need to just be free to let my imagination and eyes guide me.

This is very very cool!  Fun to see what you are up to and I'm envious at the fabrication skills.

:popcorn:

Thanks and I'm glad you are enjoying ! Fabrication is just building shapes... I hope you get inspired and try making a part for something, just give it a try and see what you can do !

Sweet!, time for some Bondo.... :popcorn:

Thanks ! Bondo ?... I try to avoid using it until the finish stages..keep stretching my building skills to cut down on gaps and voids... trying to get better all the time.

Looking great there Vaughan!

I can't believe how fast you work.

Carl

Thanks Carl ! As for speed... well, a couple of reasons for that... I've been building for a 'few' years.... 51 to be exact... got my first model at age 8..... plus I've been scratch building for about 22 years. I'm divorced, kids grown and gone... don't have much of a life besides work so I can devote a lot of my free time to the pleasure of my hobby.... makes it seem fast when I can sit down for 6 hrs or so and just get into the groove with some good tunes... Hans Zimmer is the background for this build.. Pirates and Gladiator are the main build themes.

Ok guys, gals & various lurkers.. it's that time again ! :frantic:

When last we saw your intrepid glue sniffer, the nose had just taken shape... so thats where we start this time.

xhWom1G.jpg

With the shape pretty much done I was thinking of adding working headlights to the build... went so far as to build a battery box, drill holes and try running some wire...

7N4tR8Y.jpg

However the thought went by the board as the access was way too tight to get wire through the radiator... after breaking several wires I gave up.... but I did find the perfect part for the headlights... my trusty US/ USSR missile sets...

vmVm35q.jpg

h04TvRJ.jpg