Looking for something not too challenging, a little different, and that wouldn't take too long, I pulled this kit off of my shelf. Perfect. Not too many parts, good details right OOB, and a colorful pre-war paint scheme. I started as per instructions with the cockpit, which goes together nicely after cleaning some minimal flash. The cockpit on these pre-war birds was painted silver lacquer. I've used MRP super silver for this color, and I think it looks the part.
Some of the sidewall parts in primer black.
The IP is decent if sparse, but then so was the 1:1. It's an acetate film with the plastic faceplate over it. I painted the background white to help the dial faces pop and added a drop of clear to each of the dials for glass.
Button up the cockpit, a little detail painting, some lead foil seatbelts, and then on to the engine.
Edited by Bstarr3, 26 April 2018 - 05:13 PM.