F-14B UPGRADE 1/32 Tomcat
Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:32 PM
That's a PHENOMENAL looking Cockpit ...
Its AMAZING BUILD so far.
KUDOS on NEAT Pristine work Fanch.
And I LOVE TOMCATS.
Res Non Verba .
La calma è la virtù dei forti !
Potius Mori quam foedari.
Posted 20 October 2017 - 08:09 PM
Fanch, how exactly did you do that stunning weathering on the intake ducts? Oils?
First I applied surfacer primer and a coat of Tamiya X-2 gloss white. I applied some small blotches of liquid mask wit a small foam padThen i sprayed highly thinned H79 sand yellow as a mottling adding a few drops of smoke along the process. Next I removed the liquid mask and softened and adjusted the contrast with a Micromesh pad ( 3200 ). This also helped adding some tiny scratches. Then I applied again some liquid mask en repeated the same steps, then again a third time.
A good reason to choose X-2: it is rocksolid and can bear the treatment with no fear.
I masked the white and applied and weathered some light grey with vertical light lines on the sides, and a wash and a few spots of oil paint ( peach black )
I hope this helps !
Edited by Fancherello, 20 October 2017 - 08:12 PM.
- Starfighter, Zero77 and A-10LOADER like this
Posted 08 November 2017 - 02:32 PM
A little update today !
I'm working my seamlines, filling, shaping ( especially the lower front fuselage plate which fit poorly in my assembly ), so I've taken a bit of time for detailing and change my mind.
I've opened the to small air conditiong grids, replaced them by eduard parts. These needed a framing correctiong as they are not symetrical. The fans have been made with strip styrene and small tubes coming from sacrified pipettes
This intake contour and lips were badly and poorly shaped. Drilling was also absolutely necessary on this scale.
Edited by Fancherello, 08 November 2017 - 02:35 PM.
- Starfighter, MARU5137, sandokan and 5 others like this
Posted 08 November 2017 - 09:24 PM
Nice work Fanch.
"TOMCAT'S FOREVER, BABY !"
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.
Posted 23 November 2017 - 09:19 PM
an little updtae tonight:
I'm still working on the airframe. On one of LSP fine member's adivice I got rid of some awful rivets ( nose and engine nacelles ), and i'm now working to make a rendition of many panel lines that were filled by some sealant. Daco book shows fresh lines but also some old marks of putty. I tried to replicate thos on the beaver tail, for example. Upper fuselage is also under progress with these.
I have also reworked the tail fins: upper reinforcement plates come from a Crossdelta set. Lower bulges needed reshapeing as the overlap between on and the other is missing on Trumpeter's part.
Some work in progress on flap/wing area. Missing slot, actuator, spoiler rescribing.
Kit parts have been replaced to replicate the plate that flip into the wing to let airflow come around flaps. Kit part are not designed to flip and allow a proper flap positionning. Flap actuators seem a bit too long I think.
At the moment I'm working on horizontal stabs: sealant lines, and maybe bulge reshaping ( I'm gathering pics of these )
best regards !
Edited by Fancherello, 23 November 2017 - 09:22 PM.
- stusbke, Starfighter, LSP_Paul and 6 others like this
Posted 23 November 2017 - 10:32 PM
fantastic work there!
Following your build with great interest!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users