Eduard P-39 Air-A-Cutie 1/48

CANicoll

Chris,

A most impressive build, as your Cutie looks truly fantastic. A few months ago I also would have gone with the Eduard's 1/48 scale kit, but with my move to 1/32 scale props, I'm going to bite the bullet and take a shot at either the KH or Special Hobby kit. Just hope it turns out half as well as your build.

Joel

Joel

If you are going to jump to a 1/32 P-39 please take a look at the many build threads here.  A lot of us have had massive build/fit/engineering issues with the Kitty Hawk Kit.  I had to throw away a completely built, painted and detailed nose interior to get the panel to fit.  One of our club members here actually does work with the KH folks and I spoke them as well at our big Model Classic event last year.  They don't want to hear about it and apparently no fix is in the works.

I have a SH P-39 in my stash that I'm planning on building (that will be my 5th P-39 build).  It has some issues as well, but nothing like the KH kit.  My suggestion would be to go SH.  

Good luck!

Chris

Joel

If you are going to jump to a 1/32 P-39 please take a look at the many build threads here.  A lot of us have had massive build/fit/engineering issues with the Kitty Hawk Kit.  I had to throw away a completely built, painted and detailed nose interior to get the panel to fit.  One of our club members here actually does work with the KH folks and I spoke them as well at our big Model Classic event last year.  They don't want to hear about it and apparently no fix is in the works.

I have a SH P-39 in my stash that I'm planning on building (that will be my 5th P-39 build).  It has some issues as well, but nothing like the KH kit.  My suggestion would be to go SH.  

Good luck!

Chris

Chris,

I've attempted to build two KH kits in 1/48 scale, their F9F Cougar and the F-94C Starfire, and both ended up in the town landfill as unbuildable. I keep on looking at the OV-10 Bronco and the OS2U Kingfisher as just have to have, but I've yet to buy either kit.

Thanks so much for the heads up. I'll definitely go with the SH kit.

Joel

Thanks Jim and Kev.  Nice having an appreciable audience here.  Believe it or not, but I had more than a little blow back from some club members about the clear left side door.  I thought it was not a bad idea to leave it clear and show more cockpit detail, but they didn't seem to think so.  Oh well!  Can't please everyone.