Hobbyboss 1/18 AV-8B Harrier II released

Guest Vulcan32

ok, now we only need a resin cockpit, resin tires and full metal uncercarriage  :coolio:

and, of course, a large stencils sheet for all the airframe and ordnance....

Edited by Luca

Shouldn't the AV-8B+ Radar Harrier have 2 MFD's on the IP?

Chuck

Yes, the instrument panel shown is for the standard day attack Harrier. There are a LOT of accuracy issues with this kit, but I don't ever see another one being released by anyone else. This could be a scratch builders dream and in 18th scale, making new, correct parts might be relatively easy. Overall, I have close to 1000 photos of the II Plus, two technical publications covering the airframe and measurements of an aircraft I took while stationed at Cherry Point. I'm seriously tempted to get one and turn it into one of those ultimate 5 to 6 year modeling projects!

I think Dave is right, it make a great project and an awesome displayed model. Looking at the pictures of the parts, there seems to be some issues. However it is a BIG scale Harrier, I'd buy one. Now we just need some cockpit details, most notably a seat and IP. Then some 1/18th scale GBU-12's & 38's. Tanks seem undersized as well.But, we'll see what we got when it hits our hands.

Chuck