Roden FOKKER DR-1

ruzlkampf

Nuther view,....pretty basic stuff for now. Should have most this knocked out tonight, with a gloss coat and some decals. Not sure how far I'll go with any weathering, as the real-deal seemed very well maintained. I'll figure something out. :blink:

post-4413-1254662342.jpg

And a last pic of the Baron with his new 'Grrrrrr-look'. Got some new blank white decal sheets this weekend in preparation of printing up some lozenge for the D-VIII/D-VII's, so I want to get this finished pretty soon. More pics later on tonight! ^_^ Later, Russ

post-4413-1254662550.jpg

Got up this morning all pumped up to get some more painting and decals on this thing, and slammed it out. Didn't have any Richthofen decals, (his crosses and white borders are a mite thicker than 'normal') so I had to mod some others a bit. Also swapped around some serial #'s to get DR-1 425/17 on the sides. Those'll be lighting dry-brushed over to look over-painted.

Here's where I'm at before going for another round tonight, and getting the top wing on and braced. Ready to start another Fokker, so this build will soon be over.

post-4413-1254721442.jpg

And, last pic of the night. Time to install the top wing, and re-spray with a satin finish to seal everything. Should have some shots of this next to the 'Jacobs triplane' for a comparison view between the Roden/Hobbycraft kits. Triplane phase is almost over,...ready to move on to a D-VIII next. More pics as things progress! Later, Russ

post-4413-1254721927.jpg

Lovely work Russ. You've got that red looking uber shiny. I can't help but think of Snoopy when I look at your model now.

:P

Kev

Heh, heh! Yeah I get a visual of Snoopy hammering away with his 'fist-machineguns' when I see it too! ;) Thanks for all the kind compliments gents, much appreciated!

Okay, all good things must come to an end, and this build is no exception. Time for this bird to leave the nest and go bye-bye. Couldn't really decide what else to do with this, so I'm callg it done. Always wanted to do an all-red Richthofen triplane in my life-time, and I can cross that goal off my list.(geesh, I'm burned out on red for awhile! :lol: ) Enough drivel, on with the final pics; Here's what I ended up with.

post-4413-1254820007.jpg

post-4413-1254820026.jpg

Last pic before they fly off into the sunset. They're off to a dust-free display case, and an occasional varoom around the room. Model heaven. :lol: Want to thank LSP, and all who followed along whilst I was buiding these. It was a hoot, but all consigned now to history! Onto the next Fokker! Whoohoo! :P Later all, Russ

post-4413-1254820657.jpg

THE END.