Here are the progress of the week, not much bench time but still progress

Lower part of the turret completed

i-mvBtmpD-L.jpg

i-FNhCsZQ-L.jpg

i-pjjvKD3-L.jpg

Bomb bay and bombs

i-XjjVVTP-L.jpg

i-Cphkmnt-L.jpg

Now I need to open the crawl space on top of the bomb bay and install the Profimodeller PE and then I can install the bay in the fuselage.

Cheers,

David

Carl, Harvey, thank you for posting. Small update today. To echo what Herr Clunk and Martin have said, I also love the Hgw seatbelts, but oh boy do they drain your vital energy. Needed two hours to do the cockpit seatbelts but I am happy with the result, now where did I put my bottle of Lagavulin...

i-PbKjWPt-L.jpg

i-mQw9tBR-L.jpg

i-VcQMhjd-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

Looks like you're building this the same way I am. A bit here, a bit there.

The belts do look good though so we'll worth the effort.

Have you tried Auchantoshan single malt? I like it and got to visit the distillery back in 2012.

Carl

I have not tried that one. Where is the distillery located. I am going to Scotland for Easter, I have already a couple distillery visits planned (Dalwhinnie and Glenmorangie) but I may add a few (if my wife and kids let me that is...)

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Making progress! After dressing the bomb pay in the Profimodeller PE, I sprayed it in interior green and then glued the bomb bay in place. Finished the cockpit and glued it in place and finally installed the top turret. I used the eduard mask for masking the turret, sprayed interior green first and then olive drab. I will have to remask the turret once I am ready to paint the fuselage. I still need to do the side gunner positions and the crawl space to the bombardier position before I can close the fuselage.

i-zJv8kSN-L.jpg

i-dhGkqD6-L.jpg

i-VqVsCjd-L.jpg

i-VdVVK8b-L.jpg

Cheers,

David

• 2 weeks later...

Back from Scotland where we had a great time, but next Easter Holiday will be to a warmer destination said my better half...

I actually managed to visit Wonderland Toys in Edinburgh as recommended by Carl. Upon entering the shop with the family, my wife did ask where was the sitting area for the wives, fully expecting to have to wait an hour, but I did only a quick tour and did not buy anything, to the relief of my wife. My space allowance in the luggage was anyway fully used by the single malts.

Made some progress towards closing the fuselage. First side gunner position is finished, one to go. I am happy with the result but all that cabling gave me fits. The cable, pulley and other details came from the Profimodeller set.

i-68Ttmjf-L.jpg

When I see all the additional details that the B-25 builders in this GB are adding compared to what I did I feel I like a lightweight...

Cheers,

David