1/18TH JSI F-14B Tomcat conversion

A-10LOADER

Greetings all,

I just wanted to update those who are still following along with this thread that it's not dead. I've been struggling with my right hand for quite some time now, @10 years and, at the moment it's very difficult to even do the most simplest tasks let alone work an airbrush. Problem is I look at the Big Cat everyday and it eats away at me that I can't work on her properly. In my head, I can see her with colors on, gloss coated and ready for decals but, unfortunately, that's not the case. A lot of you have been very supportive of my work and I truly appreciate that. Hopefully things will get better here soon and I can get back to the bench.

Steve

• 2 months later...

Thank you A10LOADER for this thread! Your work inspired me and gave some good solutions for my 1/18 F-14D Tomcat VF-2 Bounty Hunters project. I try to make some pictures of my "Bullet Six" cat in a new thread about her. You will see many things on her you made yourself a head at before on your project. 

Thank you A10LOADER for this thread! Your work inspired me and gave some good solutions for my 1/18 F-14D Tomcat VF-2 Bounty Hunters project. I try to make some pictures of my "Bullet Six" cat in a new thread about her. You will see many things on her you made yourself a head at before on your project. 

Thanks very much, appreciate your kind words and, I'm glad you liked what you saw. I'm very much looking forward to seeing your WIP thread. I really wish JSI would have made a D version.

Steve

From what I've heard from others, the Tomcat molds were destroyed. :crying: I was also told by Merit that they have no intention of producing the F-15, or any others, because the prices have gone up too much. I too would love an A-10.

Steve

• 1 month later...

Greetings all,

FINALLY after 5 years and 3 months of more off than on work, I got the Light Ghost Gray on the Tomcat. All the detailing I added really shows off now with some color on her. I'm very excited and happy to be at this stage of the game. Up next will be the FS 36320, Dark Ghost Gray applied to the forward fuselage section.

I'm hoping that the updates come on a more regular basis from here on out. Thanks again to everyone for your support and interest in this project.

Steve

IMG_5927_zpsknahhqs7.jpg

IMG_5926_zpstxz7fdiy.jpg