Thanks to all for your kind words and interest
Some more progress today. As already mentioned, the pushrods need to be added to the Vector engine. I used 0,03" (0,75 mm) Evergreen rod for that. The pushrods have a distinct fitting near the crankcase :
Vector has included a very good representation of this part, but here again you have to rely on butt-joints, and very precise length of the pushrods. Plus they are evenly distributed, and the cylinders are not. So I decided to do this myself. I cut a 20 thou square strip from Evergreen in 2mm-long blocks, which I glued at one end of the pushrods. After a few trials, I decided to wrap this in a cigarette-paper strip. The benfit is that I could paint it in silver with a black-centered stripe using paint-pens. To cut the 2 millimeters-wide strips of the very thin paper, I used another great tool I found via paper-modelling : an Olfa parallel cutter. This is one of the greatest inventions since sliced bread !
Piccies to explain :
The paper strips wre wound around the plastic rod, until the layers gave some added depth. The back of the paper strips was cated with paper glue.
Afeter some additional work, this how the engine looks like tonight. A close inspection will reveal that the pushrods are not perfectly distributed, owing to the difference between the front reduction-gear crankcase and its pushrods holes being evenly distributed and the cylinders which are offset, but it will look OK in a passing glance...
That's all for the day. Thanks for looking.