1/32nd Grumman S-2 Tracker 'Firecat' - 09/04/20

Radders

Are you going to use engines from a B-17 for your engines?

Quite possibily yeah, not looked that far into the build if i'm honest.. 

Regarding the build, it's in full swing. I've been all over the place with building recently, becoming a dad in Sept, health issues and other stuff all got in the way but i've been keeping my feet in with it. 

Brought the Tracker into work today and despite being busy, I've managed to get all the surfaces straight and sanded down finally! I will get some photos up later on or over the weekend. 

I'm well and truly getting into this....some photos so far. Still needs some more sanding around the tail area (still too thick!), but I think I'm going to cut it off and redo it as one then re-attach it to the fuselage.

It's going to be fun attaching the engine nacelles to the wings.... guess that's the fun part of vacforms!

40412008610_2788ab3c5b_o.jpg

28346285178_f1e829bf30_o.jpg

Little update -

I've drawn around the Kinetic kit's internals and some other parts and enlarged on a photocopier to 150%. The bulkhead does need a bit more sanding as I cut them a bit larger so I could sand them to a better shape. But a test fit is good.... 

2zxnk12.jpg

Guest Peterpools

Radders

Looking mighty good and great to see your on-going progress

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• 1 year later...

Decided to get this back out... stuck in the house as i've had to furlough myself. Been stuck in now for 3 weeks and done some jobs around the house (not as many as the Mrs would like though...) and now time for some modelling, was toying with getting the 1/24th Buccaneer out, but i'm so much fonder of the Tracker and fire bombers... 

Will get some updates up later on today, as progress has been made already today! :)

Few photos, chaps. Been a long time waiting... 

My logic in cutting the front end off is to now build the cockpit from scratch and undercarriage bay, then slot that all in once i'm happy. I've cut away more than I need to so once it's all blended in with the clear parts to it, I'll minimise the chances of any dust going in on the main clear parts etc

As I'm building a fire bomber, I've taken out anything I need to and clad it from the inside ready for milliput to flush it off.. any cuts have had superglue on the inside too to make it easier to fill from the exterior also... floor and main bulkhead is cut, so a bit of fettling to get it to fit then i'll work on the undercarriage bay walls... more photos soon.

Hope you like! 

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

YES, Radders! 

Very pleased to see this one back on the bench. A very good solution for making the interior, too. It’ll certainly make fabricating the bulkheads and floors a lot easier. 

Are you going to be really adventurous and to a Turbo Tracker or sticking with the radials?

Tom

Cheers, Tom :)

Would absolutely love to do a turbo one, but sticking to a radial machine for easiness.. will get some Eduard B-17 engines on order and use them. One of these two are my final options, not sure which but as they both have different tanks I need to decide.... swaying more to CF-OPZ. 

1555082-large.jpg

5eeed97e8846442c3f1ad79d1abbe1fb.jpg

Personally the last photo's where the coolest

I really like the big number on the tails..FWIW

looking forward to next update what a cool project this is

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs