Rules of the Road

LSP_Kevin

I would say use the masks but not the barrels.

Kev

Either that, or move to the next item on the list - I bought them with the barrels with the intention to actually use them. ;)

But that's absolutely no problem, I'll going for something else. I'm still looking into the options, what would work within the rules and fit my interests and current motiviation :)

I've never joined in on a group build before as I feared my ambition may outdo my ability. :doh:

But I'm actually seriously considering giving this one a go

Just thought of something that I would like some clarification on here please?

Obviously, any conversion work would make a model void for this GB as it would essentially be no longer OOB or representative of what the kit was originally intended to portray. However, how would we stand if the OOB kit supplied by the manufacturer is intended to portray a specific mark of aircraft, but in fact, the mouldings are incorrect for it? (e.g. Colour scheme and markings not appropriate to the moulded kit actually supplied, as happens now and then).

In this case, is it permissible to alter or convert or modify the kit mouldings to make it accurate for the intended OOB markings? (I have no specific kit in mind here at the moment - this is just a generic query, although if allowed, one or two kits may come to mind).

Thanks

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Derek, I think this would be fine. Limited scratch-building and conversion work is allowed, as long as you don't use any commercial aftermarket parts. I guess this GB could be seen as 'DIY' as much as 'OOB'.

I was remiss, too, in the Rules above, in not pointing out the standing 25% rule, which is that a model has to be 25% or less complete (roughly) to be eligible. So started kits are OK, as long as they follow that rule. I'll amend the original post to reflect that.

Kev

Derek, I think this would be fine. Limited scratch-building and conversion work is allowed, as long as you don't use any commercial aftermarket parts. I guess this GB could be seen as 'DIY' as much as 'OOB'. I was remiss, too, in the Rules above, in not pointing out the standing 25% rule, which is that a model has to be 25% or less complete (roughly) to be eligible. So started kits are OK, as long as they follow that rule. I'll amend the original post to reflect that. Kev

Thanks Kev, that helps a great deal - it also opens up my options enormously.

Cheers

Derek

'I was remiss, too, in the Rules above, in not pointing out the standing 25% rule, which is that a model has to be 25% or less complete (roughly) to be eligible.'

Can I have the 'Star of Africa' moved to the GB? If not I have something else in mind.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Anyone else giddy about this?

:popcorn:

I have it narrowed down to 2.

UHG!

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave

Yep, same for me, one of the options would be a premiere to me. A WWI biplane...

...Revell's Lynx won't arrive in a timely fashion I'm afraid ;)

Was tossing the idea of a 1/28 Fokker Tri-Wing by Revell.

But then I was really looking at my Trump MiG-3, and my MiG-21, AHHHHHH, I have a closet full of stuff to play with...Oh, and I am reading Hell Hawks, (ISBN 978-0760329184) and I have 2 Hase. P-47 to play with.

Am I the only one that really sits there and has trouble deciding what to do next?

:beer:

Cheers,

Dave