Ceiling Queen B-17G

LSP_K2

nice work on those horrible seams Kevin

Thanks buddy. Using the port wing as reference, I've begun painting the starboard wing. After clear coat and various washes, these ought to look pretty spiffy. Turbochargers covered with a liquid masking agent. More muting to follow.

092311001.jpg

Kevin

I have been folloiwng this with great interest as I love what you are doing.

Like the data card and the progress is amazing to watch..

Really great work .

:)

Thanks buddy. While it's not exactly as I had envisioned, it's not too shabby I think. Plus, I still have a fair amount of "adjustability" between the pastels and oil washes to follow.

Loving the progress. I will continue to study your build with great interest!

Thanks, I'm glad you like it so far. What I've been waiting for a while to do, the fuselage is now all zipped up, and ready for paint prep. I'm a happy guy.

100911001.jpg

Thanks Phil, I'm having a lot of fun with this. One of the more consistent issues with this model are the windows. I’ll sand off and polish any high areas, then flood the area with future; this will help a lot. This is the radio operator position, port side.

101011.jpg

I tried something a tad different on this bird; outside edges of fuselage were beveled outwards slightly. The resultant gap was then filled with superglue and sanded out. This should not only bond the crud out of fuselage bottom, but also prevent any cracks from forming. Raised surface details are being replaced with sheet plastic pieces.

101011001.jpg

I've added the first of two patches underneath cockpit. Once dry, I'll thin this a bit then add second patch. Work continues on polishing windows.

101011007.jpg

Edited by Typhoonattack1

Good work mate. This should be really impressive when you're done.

Kev

Thanks Kev, I've wanted to tackle this kit again for a long while now. Probably not really worth the effort (plus I need twice as many of them), I drilled small holes in back edge of dome to try and simulate the fasteners.

101011009.jpg