Northstarmodels

ade rowlands

Placed an order with them early last month for some 1/32 gun sights and I-16 wheels, had the dispatch email on the 3rd of March but nothing has turned up as yet and the tracking number they gave me doesn't work on any of the tracking websites, Royal Mail, Parcelforce or 17.track. I did email them but it's bounced back to my server as undeliverable. Anybody else ordered direct from them? They're out of Latvia if I recall right so not a million miles away, even overland I should have something by now. Just wondering if anybody else has had to wait a while for their order to turn up. I've checked the usual places the Postie leaves my stuff if I'm out and they're pretty good for leaving a note if they've done that. Any help appreciated.

Yup, it happened to me once. First few orders arrived in very timely fashion and the last one never arrived. Ever since I had problem to order their stuff on-line, so I gave up to order directly from them.

Yup, it happened to me once. First few orders arrived in very timely fashion and the last one never arrived. Ever since I had problem to order their stuff on-line, so I gave up to order directly from them.

Hmm after my initial post I thought I would see if they were on Facebook, they are so I've messaged them there to see if they can help or not.

When I first ordered from them received my orders pretty quickly, last one took longer, they're based in Eastern Ukraine which is more than likely a factor. If you pay by PayPal you're covered, and considering what they're going through in that part of the Earth, I'll continue to support them, their products are first class too.

I know they're in Eastern Europe, the address on their website says Riga though. I thought I'd check my PayPal in case there was something I'd missed and I'm covered until August apparently according to PayPal so no worries there. To be honest it wasn't a huge amount of money, what had me concerned was a month with a no show and the tracking number not being recognised then the email bounce back this afternoon that I got from emailing their contact us address. Just thought I'd check on the collective experience here as it was my first time ordering with them.

I think the issue with my tracking is I'm missing a digit. None of the tracking services recognise it, even the universal ones like 17 track. Now I know I'm covered by Paypal until August I'm not that bothered, I can wait a while longer, I was just curious as to how long others have had to wait for their orders to arrive. 

On the other hand I had 2 packages turn up at the Post Office last week both with customs fees due, one from the USA, one from Japan, both with a value, including postage of around £45, one was asking for £16 in fees, about normal for this case, the other asking £72. Turned that one right back to Heathrow to be reassessed at Customs, though I get the feeling its headed right back to Japan as the Post Office and Customs and Revenue say its the others responsibility and neither can waive fees. Such is life, I shall have to wait for my Hasegawa A6M.

Got a reply on Facebook, they say they'll chase it up with the Ukranian Post Office and if its a lost cause they'll mail another order out to me. They're actually quite responsive on Facebook. I'd advise that avenue if you need to contact them.

Good for you.

Although why a company would be more responsive on Facebook than by ordinary mail, especially in the light of recent developments, is beyond my understanding ... :hmmm:

Hubert

Edited by MostlyRacers

• 2 months later...