Anybody know how to mix FS35109 Aggressor blue please??

Guest Nigelr32

Guest Nigelr32

Hello all,

I'm currently building a F-16 Aggressor, Blizzard bad guy from Two Bobs decals and a Tamiya F-16 T-bird kit. I'm a bit stuck when it comes to making the blue for this scheme, FS35109.

It would appear i can only buy this paint from Model master, but I don't like Enamels.

Is there another supplier of this colour/ Does anyone know how to mix it from Tamiya or Gunze colours?

Thanks for your advice guys, I'm gonna do a splinter F-15C next.

Regards

Nige

Another thing you might want to try is an "off the cuff" mix? I looked up the color you were seeking here.

I also found this, though it is in French and is used to mix Humbrol paints. Still, you might be able to get a feel for the colors used, say maybe Tamiya XF-8flat blue, XF-1 black, and a little XF-5 green? This might give you a good starting point for mixing up your own. The color also looks a bit like Tamiya XF-17 Sea Blue, perhaps modifying that color?

I hope to build one of these Flanker scheme F-16's in the future, so please let us know what you come up with!

Guest Nigelr32

Thanks for your help there guys. I had actually seen the Humbrol mixing chart and tried the mix. It simply didnt look right.

I've just had a play with XF-1, XF-5 and XF-8.... I think a ratio of something like 8 parts blue to 5 parts black to 1 part green works, then a tiny dab of white if it looks to greeny grey?? I'll play some more tomorrow and come up with a more accurate solution, unless of course..you know different??????

I will advertise my findings for everyones future reference.

BTW, those Russian Akan blues are gorgeous!!! I must get me some!!

Guest Nigelr32

I have been searching high and low for this.

Thanks to all who have pointed me in the directions to the solutions.

I think I may be getting somewhere with Tamiya paint. 2 parts XF-8 to 1 part XF-54 is close to what I'm looking for I think??

I have found one recommendation that suggests using Gunze acrylics in the ratio of 3 parts 317 to 1 part 322. I don't have any 322, so if someone out there could try it I'd be very grateful. Just think, you could solve this mystery for all!! It sounds to me like this Gunze combo would be too grey??

Edited by Nigelr32

not sure if that would help but here's what i used for FS35109: 12.5ml H11+2.5ml H308+2.5ml H322

FS35450 I used 16.25ml H11 + 0.625ml H56 + 3.125ml H322

that's the base light blue colour. FS35109 being mid blue on the picture below

The result gave this: although both were even more lightened on the model

Su27_069_final.jpg

Su27_070_final.jpg

H322 is a very dark blue. bit like the blue angels blue or the Blue impulse blue

Edited by red Dog

Guest Nigelr32

Thankyou very much for the mix ratios Red Dog,

I must say, your Mig is beautiful!! I love the way you have captured the touched in repairs around the panels edges. What scale is she??

Guest Nigelr32

After lots of conversations on a couple of forums, I have finally found the solution...

Paint_zpsfcd82ded.jpg

2 parts XF-2, 2 parts XF-8, 1 part XF-60. I think it looks right....what say you guys??