Iraq Abrams

John1

Extremely well finished!  I've been over the pics making mental note for future builds.

I have one critique and it's a small one,  Rust on the mud flap on the right front fender, third pic.

I only mention it as it is damn near perfect.  

I was part of a unit in Baghdad and in the compound we were all in had one of these things on the fence line. They used to fire out going shells to the firing point that was triangulated by radar to the incoming mortars. They made one hell of a racket and you got no real warning.

Steve.

Extremely well finished!  I've been over the pics making mental note for future builds.

I have one critique and it's a small one,  Rust on the mud flap on the right front fender, third pic.

I only mention it as it is damn near perfect.  

Thanks very much Ron!  It's actually supposed to be wet mud, not rust.   I'm not 100% thrilled with the way the mud came out but at this point, "it is what it is".  One effect I was pleased with were the horizontal scratches on the sides of the tank.  I noted that from my time in the service that most tactical vehicles' sides were pretty scratched up from driving through heavy brush, etc.   Most of the time, it just left a lighter mark but in Iraq, it seemed that many tanks / APC's had the paint scratched completely off and even a bit of rust showing.  No doubt from busting through gates, walls, etc, in an urban environment.   

This was one of Dragon's best armor kits (IMO), if anyone is looking for a change of pace from aircraft, I highly recommend it.