• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 Rick Griewski

Rick Griewski

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:54 PM

I'm a bit of a cheapskate.  The WNW Green Tail Trilogy is my biggest single spend.  But once you consider that it's three kits, the cost for each is pretty cheap.

Gaz

With that thinking you could and should talk yourself into a real really extravagant purchase. Maybe one kit that costs even more than the Green Tails.

Rick
  • Gazzas likes this

#47 Rick Griewski

Rick Griewski

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:00 PM

One of my favorite weapons, the 88mm Flak. So I bought a 1/15 scale kit. Just like that. I saw it an bought it. Not cheap. Never knew anything like the kit existed. It will go great on the shelf next to my Spinosaurus.

Rick
  • LSP_Typhoonattack likes this

#48 Tony T

Tony T

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,072 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:35 PM

If HKM did what WnW do they'd issue an RAF 100 Group box with a Mosquito and Lancaster for £400.
Or three Pfeils for a fantasy flightline.

I think the biggest future extravagance might be a big boat kit: always wanted to make the Canadian Bluenose schooner in wood. If I get to Cornwall Model Boats I'm likely to do something very silly.

Tony
Finally spraying again

#49 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 26,458 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:51 PM

Will have to be the Airfix 1/24 Mosquito. I found out there were only 2 in the country, so I grabbed one. 

One of the kits that's still on my wants list. A big ol' Mosquito, would be an awesome model for me to have here (I love the Mosquito). The Airfix Mosquito has never been reviewed here either, so for me to do that for the site, would also be a plus.

• Dennis7423 likes this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#50 LSP_Typhoonattack

LSP_Typhoonattack

• LSP Moderator
  • 26,458 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 07:54 PM

One of my favorite weapons, the 88mm Flak. So I bought a 1/15 scale kit. Just like that. I saw it an bought it. Not cheap. Never knew anything like the kit existed. It will go great on the shelf next to my Spinosaurus.

Rick

Nice! The closest I'll ever get to that, will be the Dragon 1:35 kit of the 88mmm Flak, or possibly the Merit 1:16 sFH 18.

• Rick Griewski likes this

Kevin

I was going to procrastinate tonight, but decided to wait.

In Progress:

#51 Gazzas

Gazzas

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:01 PM

With that thinking you could and should talk yourself into a real really extravagant purchase. Maybe one kit that costs even more than the Green Tails.

Rick

It all comes down to want, and availability, really.  I can't think of anything really extravagant to buy that I know is available.  Tu-95 and B-58 in 1/32 scale with good detail could probably get me to do something silly.  I imagine both would require some serious inner metal bracing to keep the long parts straight.

Gaz

• Rick Griewski likes this

​We don't have social skills.  We build models.

#52 Fred Jack

Fred Jack

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 14 February 2018 - 09:26 PM

Mine are two Pocher Alfa Romeos, a 1932 Spider and Monza, full of mods from Model Motorcars Ltd., including new engines with hundreds of individual bolts and nuts in 1/8th scale. I had previously completely modified a 1/8th 1907 Fiat to include lots of brass and an oak floor and dash, both bolted on with scale bolts and nuts and wheels with wooden spokes, plus a metal radiator grill. I even included cloth covered Ignician wires. I also have a 1932 Rolls Royce Phantom ll in 1/8th waiting with tons of modification parts.

Edited by Fred Jack, 14 February 2018 - 09:31 PM.

#53 gerry1

gerry1

LSP Junkie

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 03:04 AM

That would be the 1/32 IMCTH P-51D Mustang. You know, the skeleton Mustang. I still haven't touched it but I do open the box every once in awhile to look. Paid US $300.00 plus shipping from hlj.com. I also have a Model Factory Hiro 1/12 Williams FW16 "San Marino" version. But that was a cold calculated buy.
  • LSP_Typhoonattack likes this

#54 ScanmanDan

ScanmanDan

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,400 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:11 AM

PanzerII-L.jpg

I wouldn't say impulsive as it was a loooooong time coming but, yeah most of everything :)

• Menelaos, scvrobeson and LSP_Typhoonattack like this
These thoughts courtesy of a madman found chained to his workbench hidden deep within his subterranean Factory of Devious Inventions.  
No notice should be taken of his ramblings whatsoever.

#55 Dennis7423

Dennis7423

Hooked For Life

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 10:30 AM

For me, it was the Trumpeter 1/16 King Tiger. While I got a decent deal on the kit (Sprue Brothers sale), I have since ordered all the AFV Modeler resin bells and whistles, all the photo-etch and turned aluminum/brass, sourced some metal tracks for it, some resin zimmerit, really anything I could find. I imagine I have about $1500 total invested in the kit.

- Dennis S.
Thornton, CO USA

#56 Uncarina

Uncarina

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,106 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

That's an awesome kit. I have a pair of them along with the Fine Molds version in the stash too.
Uncarina is building one on here in the Non LSP section.
Carl

Thanks Carl. And that is also my extravagant impulse buy. Currently I’m taking a break from it before I add paint, markings, and weathering.

Cheers, Tom

#57 Astro32

Astro32

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:13 AM

Tamiya -1A Corsair. Most expensive, most complicated plastic kit I've ever had. The HK Lancaster will beat it by a fair margin when it's released though.

#58 ringleheim

ringleheim

• LSP_Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 16 February 2018 - 05:46 AM

Rick

I didn't know a 1/15 Flak 36 existed either! 

Who is the maker? I am google searching and can't find it.

Is it still in production?  This is something I'd be very interested in.  Hope you post some photos if you make it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users