Trumpeter 1/32 MiG-29A - first Pics

Scotsman

• 3 weeks later...

ZACTO Lerx? where? when?  :mellow:

Curb your enthusiasm  -_- ... I was just kidding since I would imagine a correction to be very tricky to design. But maybe we should start a corresponding "how long have we waited..." thread  :whistle:

One a serious note, the lerx issue is making me really question whether I want to buy the kit.

The LERX issue is minor in comparison with what we had before, believe me! I allocated dozens of hours to study the full scale airframe, plans and pictures.

You will not lose anything if you wait as the kit will be available for the next coming years but I am already ready to bet that the other kits will have 100% identical LERX parts. I do not know how many times we identified errors that were quite trivial to correct and Trumpy very rarely corrected kits. If my memory's right, they did it for the initial Wildcat (as they were a new company) and they changed some major parts in their Su-27 kits (they copied Zacto parts). In more than 15 years, this is not a tremendous effort, alas!

And last, I would not hold my breath for another MiG-29 9-12 release for at least the next ten years...

Personalky after looking as close as i care to i cannot see anything worth talking about in the Trumpeter Mig-29.

A seat and some PE is all it needs from here.

I just wish the SU-27 was half as good out of box.

The Revell Mig-29 is one of the worst crimes ever committed on the modeling community and have no idea with this lovely 32nd 29 now out why it even gets mentined. Even with Zactos brave effort it was wrong in the remaining areas untouched by resin.

It should be shut away in a dark cave never to be mentioned except in rumour.

It makes Trumpeters worst effort look stellar by comparison.

Can we just let it die quickly...lol