Welcome to the MDC forum!

LSP_Kevin

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome I hope I can help out with any questions or advice about our products apart from our own stuff we are the UK distributor for GSI Creos the Mr Hobby range so I hope I can help with any questions.

For the future we have a lot of new bits coming out as we have been sorting out CAD/3D printing system for some bits.

We have also launched a resin casting kit using the resin we use and hope to expand that with sales of all the bits for casting the main thing we are trying to get what the modellers want as we can sell the resin in small batches and help with any casting advice.

Now yes our Typhoon is still avalible I was busy making them today.

http://www.modeldesignconstruction.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/ModelDesignConstruction/_CV32037/73615/Typhoon%20Kits

Any questions please ask

all the best

Bob

our Typhoon is still avalible I was busy making them today.

all the best

Bob

Welcome to the LSP Forums Bob!

I'll be looking to get this kit very shortly, plus a rocket set!

I think that the Tempest is long overdue in our scale, hope you're tempted one day? ;)

Roy.

HI,

Yes the Tempest we have part completed patterns but the final push has been held off due to various rumors and speculations but due to the report that another company has one on the cards we have put the project on hold.

As we are only a small company this would be a big risk in the current climate, but if one of the big boys came out with one we have most of the extras so you can see our problem.

As always never say never but we have plenty other projects that we are currently working on.

I hope to have some new stuff for the LSP community soon.

All the best

Bob

Hrmmmm.

I just saw that. I thought you were indicating the MDC link itself..............Yeah, not sure what the scoop is on the display pics of the wing parts, cockpit, ect, ect, but I have a feeling for whatever reason, MDC has just not fixed the links to those. Im 99% sure (unless someone else has some info that I dont know about) MDC still is selling the Tiffie.

Via FloryModels in the UK HERE are some good pics of the kit and the parts that were supposed to be linked.

The only thing even remotely bad Ive heard about kit, was the fact that the canopy maybe a bit vauge or soft in vac detail. This can be easily remedied with the Squadron vac replacement for the Revell ki t IMHO.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian ... Thanks Heaps!!!! :D

Rog :)

HI,

Yes the Tempest we have part completed patterns but the final push has been held off due to various rumors and speculations but due to the report that another company has one on the cards we have put the project on hold.

As we are only a small company this would be a big risk in the current climate, but if one of the big boys came out with one we have most of the extras so you can see our problem.

As always never say never but we have plenty other projects that we are currently working on.

I hope to have some new stuff for the LSP community soon.

All the best

Bob

Hi Bob,

Yes, I understand about the Tempest, pity, you'd have done really well with that one I think.

So, as an alternative how about a BP Defiant, lots of legs in that one and I don't hear anything beating on the jungle drums currently.

This is another one that's lo-o-o-o-ng way overdue!

Failing that, a Fairey Albacore or Barracuda would be very nice, please think about the FAA too! ;)

Keep up the good work.

Roy.

Hi

Yes there are a couple of subjects that I would love to do but possibly not to most peoples taste, I would love a certain Vickers single engine with geodetic design but from a quote from pawn stars "thats not going to happen".

The other side of the coin for us small guys at present the big players seem to be either knocking chunks out each other with multiple releases or playing mines is bigger than yours B17's and Lanc's at £250 plus, we do what we are best at, add the extra bit to make the difference. We will have the first of our 3D fexible ammo belts on the site next week and using the 3D design and printing we have a couple of areas that we can help to add detail.

Also the way that the 1/32 market is with bonanza of kits we really want to concentrate on conversions and add-ons and keep a weather eye to the future.

Bob

Hi

Yes there are a couple of subjects that I would love to do but possibly not to most peoples taste, I would love a certain Vickers single engine with geodetic design but from a quote from pawn stars "thats not going to happen".

The other side of the coin for us small guys at present the big players seem to be either knocking chunks out each other with multiple releases or playing mines is bigger than yours B17's and Lanc's at £250 plus, we do what we are best at, add the extra bit to make the difference. We will have the first of our 3D fexible ammo belts on the site next week and using the 3D design and printing we have a couple of areas that we can help to add detail.

Also the way that the 1/32 market is with bonanza of kits we really want to concentrate on conversions and add-ons and keep a weather eye to the future.

Bob

I can understand your caution here, but there's still as yet no IM Bubble Canopy Typhoon though!! :rolleyes:

However, following the trail of the big boys with some decent updates makes perfect sense in the current climate.

I like the idea of the flexible ammo belts, will keep an eye out for those in due course!

I'm still having that Typhoon though, even if one is announced, great looking model!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Roy.

Welcome aboard Bob and all at MDC.

It is strange that whilst the world economy is, allegedly, in meltdown the number, complexity, size and sheer cost of 1/32 kits has never been greater. Its almost as hard to predict what isn't going to be made by the mainstream in 1/32 now as it is in 1/48!

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

yes, please a Tempest !!! :please: Derek bradshaw has built a pattern for you. The typhoon are very nice, why not the Tempest !!! :beer4:

Hi Topper,

As I said in another post, yes we have a part completed patteren but due to the various posts rumours ect the project is on hold as we can't justify the cost as we are only a small company.

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a list of dealers in the states that have your products, I would very much like to buy that Tiffy.

Paul

Hi,

Ultracast in Canada stock our products also Vision Models in Darien Il or you can order direct.

Bob