Tamiya 1/32 F-16CJ

Daywalker

Awesome build Frank, beautiful Viper your decal work is super! :wow:

Barry

Barry- Thank you so much for looking in, I do appreciate that! I was VERY happy with how the Afterburner Decals worked, and would not hesitate to use them again. If only they would do some more F-16 sheets!

Frank

Just a tremendous build and one awesome looking Viper! The subtle weather is wonderfully done and adds so much to a used but well maintained look. Aces on a wonderful build. :clap2: :bow: :clap2:

Peter

Peter- You are too kind, but thank you very much! I was thrilled with how the weathering turned out on this one, much better than the first one and exactly how I envisioned it should look.

Really good job done on the Viper Frank! Nice to see a different "package" on the bird!

I appreciate that, thanks a million!

Frank that is probably the nicest F-16 build I have seen on the net man! Teresa my other half even said "Man that looks real! "

Excellent work !

All the best,

Paul

Paul- Now THAT is high praise, it's not often we can get our significant others to look at builds, let alone comment like that! Thank you both so much, your comments really made my day.

Frank, my friend, you have nailed it ! It's the best Viper I have seen, anywhere, not kiding. Congrats on another well done build..............Harv :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :punk:

Harv- You are WAAAAAY too kind old friend, but thank you very much! There are some stunning builds of this kit out there, and I drew a lot of inspiration from a few of them. I appreciate your kind words!

Hi Frank, that is a beautiful Viper. i agree with everything that everyone else has said and I'm humbled by your gracious words, thank you.

The finesse and quality of your work is peerless. The little dude looks superb and really sets the model off to a tee.

Flawless work Sir. Great job.

I can't wait. If you ever get a chance to take a few shots outdoors under sunlight I'd love to see them. Your model will look indistinguishable from the real item. :punk:

Guy- I still go back and look at the work you did on this kit, and to be compared to that is some of the highest compliments a guy can hope for- THANK YOU! I'm already working on a base for her, and will get some outdoor shots in the future- stay tuned!

Great work on this viper i love it.

Mark

Thank you very much Mark!

PHENOMENAL looking Viper.

Not seen a more STUNNING, GORGEOUS build such as yours.

BRAVO Frank! :)

Wow, thanks so much my dear friend! I am so happy to hear you enjoyed her, and thank you too for dropping by during the build!

Awesome job Frank! Looks great with the pre/post shading and subtle weathering. The only suggestion I would make is to leave the canopy open next time. There's so much to be seen inside that cockpit that the closed canopy just doesn't allow for showing it off. I'm assuming you've not glued it on and it is removable. I know when the pilot gets in they get the APU started and close that canopy asap so the ECS can be brought online and make the pilot nice and comfy especially under the heat of the greenhouse canopy (desert climate...I think it's probably pretty cold at times in Alaska [and other bases] and the guys turn on the heat asap). Again, I'm assuming that's what you're trying to model and forgive me if I'm wrong...that's just what it looks like to me. I hope mine aggressor turns out as nice (if I ever get around to building it).

Thank you very much Tim! You're dead right on the canopy, it is not glued on and is easily removable. I do like the "closed up" look on aircraft, and tend to model most of them that way. Thank you for posting your thoughts, always great to hear constructive feedback. Cheers!

Very fine work.

I like.

Thank you so much!

That is one knock-out of a build, Frank.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thank you Mark, and thanks for stopping by!

Stunning build Frank. F-16s normally bore me to tears, but this one really caught my eye. Can I use your photos for an article?

Kev

Hiya Kev, thank you! Hearing positive feedback from those who don't really care for grey pointy things means a lot! PM inbound.

Absolutely gorgeous, Frank! Spent a few months at Incirlik during the first Gulf War, brings back some memories!

Thank you Mike! I do hope at least some of those memories are good ones. Thank you for your service mate!

Looks great Frank. Nice presentation :speak_cool:

Thank you very much Mike, I do appreciate the feedback!

Frank, what a masterpiece you`ve created!

You are TOO kind, that means a lot to me. Thanks for looking in!

certainly one of the best builds I have ever seen... simply put: it looks real...

pilot figure is unbelievable... was that resin after-market?

Hi Mitch, THAT is so good of you to say! The pilot figure is the one provided in the kit. I painted him twice, didn't like the color on the first one and as I was deciding what to do, I found a photo showing pilots in that theater wearing desert colored flight suits. So, I stripped him down (of paint, of course LOL!) and repainted him. I did make a new Oxygen hose with thin solder wire wrapped around a piece of copper wire.

Wow Frank, you did great. It sure is a nice looking Viper.

Thanks a ton Mike, great to hear from you!

A couple of more pics, showing this one alongside the Block 25 California ANG Viper I finished earlier this year. In two of the photos, the radome has popped loose on the left side (it is positionable) but I quickly pushed it back in for the other two photos.

001-16.jpg

002-15.jpg

003-8.jpg

004-4.jpg

An interesting study of differences between the block 25 and block 50. You can see the original NSI intake on the CA bird, with the MCID on the other one. Different missile pylons, Pratt and Whitney exhaust vs. the GE exhaust, and the absence of the RWR receivers on the block 25 wings.

Fantastic looking pair of F 16 I like the closed canopy great looking pilot.

johan

Thank you Johan, I really enjoyed your F-16 a while back here- your weathering was some of the finest I have ever seen. Don't think mine would hold a candle to yours!

Absolutely brilliant !! plus your picts put your model is light very nicely. Well done !

Thank you, I am happy to hear you liked the build and the photos!

Absolutely stunning job! Love the colour, love the (light) weathering, good weapon loadout... Now i really want one :evil_laugh:

I appreciate that very much, you ought to try to one! Excellent kit, but does take up a bit of real estate in the display case!

INCREDULOUS...IMMACULATE ...IMPECCABLE ...

Frank, I don't think I have ever set MY eyes upon more DELECTABLY GORGEOUS Looking Vipers such as yours.!

KUDOS,!!

Thanks Maru, you are way too generous! I appreciate the feedback.

Wow Frank!....that is absolutely gorgeous!

What a beautiful piece of work, one of the very best I've seen, ...flawless.

Brilliant pics too.

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Jeff- Thanks mate, that is some fantastic feedback! Very happy you looked in, and glad you enjoyed the pics.

Oh yeah! Another one of your stunning builds Frank.

Incredible detail and yes, great photography.

Awesome!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Phil, thanks for looking in! You are most generous.

AWESOME!!!!!!! Very nice job done on both.....plane(s) and pictures.

Thanks a million! That is very high praise indeed and I appreciate it.