Kinetic F-86F-30

paul.nortness

I just started a Kinetic 1:32nd F-86F-30. This is my first attempt using Tamiya Extra Thin Cement...interesting stuff. Still getting used to it.

big_sabre_1.jpg

I have heard that this kit goes together with little to no putty....a few guys have boasted just using Mr. Surfacer to fill what little seams there are.....I am guessing they maybe got better molds, cause that is definitely not the case here. The seam where the wing meets the bottom of the fuselage is going to be a bit hairy, and the wing roots don't look all that better. We'll see.

I do like what they've done with the cockpit. They give you the standard injection molded instrument panel, they also give you a clear panel with holes and a decal that gets sandwiched for the dials. Not quite as good as using PE....but it gets the job done....

big_sabre_2.jpg

More to come as I tackle those wing roots!

Howdy Paul, and welcome to the GB! :lol: These are a lot of fun. he he. Excellent subject for your entry, can't wait to see how it goes together! I've never used the Tamiya extra thin stuff ya'll are talking about.....may have to give it a go. Just got some Tenax to try out lat week, so it looks like experiment time. B)

Again, nice to see ya hanging out with the 'GB Guys'.....the more the merrier! Later, Russ