1/32 Trumpeter Me 262A-1a "Yellow 3"

Thunnus

John,

sorry if my post appeared criptic, I knew what I was indicating,...duh!
Let's try again.
The panel line under the ammo access doesn't seem to be present on the 262 held in Canberra Australia.
I've out lined the are in yellow.
I hope that helps.

27247819617_0679303504_m.jpg

40311333310_7b12651e38_m.jpg

John,

sorry if my post appeared criptic, I knew what I was indicating,...duh!

Let's try again.

The panel line under the ammo access doesn't seem to be present on the 262 held in Canberra Australia.

I've out lined the are in yellow.

I hope that helps.

27247819617_0679303504_m.jpg

40311333310_7b12651e38_m.jpg

Perfect thank you!  I checked a set of plans and you are absolutely correct... no panel line there.  I'm taking care of it now.  Thanks so much for that important observation!

The offending panel lines have been filled with putty.  I still need to restore some of the rivet detail.

IMG_3160-1.jpg

IMG_3162-1.jpg

Here are some photos of the cleanup work on the engine nacelles...

IMG_3163-1.jpg

IMG_3165-1.jpg

IMG_3166-1.jpg

I'm almost at the point where I can attach the wings to the fuselage.  You can see the sliver of white at the wing roots where I've added a shim.  Even with the shim, there are some slight gaps.

IMG_3167-1.jpg

John, sorry if I am being late, but are you sure about the vertical panel line on the engine cover in front of the air inlet scoop? I think there was no line. Cheers Roger

Thank you for the comment, Roger!  No, I am not sure about that line.  There is some variance in the scale drawings that I have seen.  Some show a vertical panel line in front of that small air scoop...

6_fs.jpg

Mushroom Model Publications

Squadron-_Signal_-_Walk_Around_n_42_-_Me

Squadron Signal

While others do not...

Kagero_Topdrawings_02_-_Messerschmitt_Me

Kagero

I can see the panel line, looking at the restored Me 262 at Hendon, but it is much less prominent than the edges of the removable cowling.

109-8.jpg

I'll see if I can reduce the panel line in prominence but that is sometimes tricky to do.

Hi John, I am pretty new to the forum and I have to say your build is very inspiring.  I have long considered buying the Trumpeter Me 262 but never pulled the trigger on the buy.  Your review and build have pretty much convinced me to buy this kit.  Again, excellent and inspiring work.

Ernest

Thank you Ernest!  The Trumpeter 262 kit is a good one.  Not great as there are some issues that need attention but nothing too major.  I think it is one of Trumpeter's better models.

Thank you for the comment, Roger!  No, I am not sure about that line.  There is some variance in the scale drawings that I have seen.  Some show a vertical panel line in front of that small air scoop...

6_fs.jpg

Mushroom Model Publications

Squadron-_Signal_-_Walk_Around_n_42_-_Me

Squadron Signal

While others do not...

Kagero_Topdrawings_02_-_Messerschmitt_Me

Kagero

I can see the panel line, looking at the restored Me 262 at Hendon, but it is much less prominent than the edges of the removable cowling.

109-8.jpg

I'll see if I can reduce the panel line in prominence but that is sometimes tricky to do.

Hello

Incredible how the stressskin appears...

Fab

OK, I checked my archive and found two photos that show the backside of that cover. On one it looks as if it was indeed made out of two parts, but there is no strut behind the joint line to which the two panels could have been riveted to. It looks as if the two parts are only held together by the perpendicular struts. So, I think you are right, there is a panel line, but much less prominent and probably without rivets (as can also be seen in the Hendon photo you posted).

Cheers,

Roger

27284781437_1e1beb3ddf_o.png

42109569002_f08b3df6e5_o.png

27284781637_83f85bf2ce_o.png

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

On 8/17/2018 at 1:40 PM, alaninaustria said:

Any updates on this great build??

Cheers

Alan

On 9/2/2018 at 8:15 AM, F-4Phanwell said:

Hi John

We are missing you so much, hope you are fine and healthy, please come back soon.

6 hours ago, dashotgun said:

thunnus what happend to this great build thread?

Thank you for asking about this build.  I didn't think anyone would notice!  Long story short is that I stopped model building in June of this year.  It started off as a pause when I took a trip to Hawaii to attend a funeral and it just continued.  I lost the motivation to step back into the modeling room for some reason.  Summer and fall is fishing season for me so I spent my free time either fishing, prepare for fishing or just thinking about fishing.  Good news is that I think I have my modeling mojo back and I have re-started an in-progress build of a 1/32 Fw190D-9 (thank you for the canopy, David!)  that I'm posting on another site.  I've been going pretty steady on that for the past month or so and have been eyeing the 262, which has been temporarily boxed up.  Work on Yellow 3 will start back up... hopefully soon.  I'm sorry to everyone for dropping the ball on this build. 

Have any of you gone through anything similar?  For a period of time, I was wondering if I was EVER going to work up the motivation to start modeling again.  I can't do it by rote... I HAVE to have some sort of passion or excitement to box myself in my modeling workspace.  I'm excited to be modeling again but I'm taking it one project at a time and trying not to spread myself too thin with too many projects.

Edited by Thunnus