MESSASCHNIZEL

Nice one GGC,

I'm doing the Funfdecker at the moment. Not one wing, now two or three but 5 in fact.

Good bit of fun.

I'd love to use the chrome parts untouched but it seems impossible to get a neat build with no seam lines. Any ideas on how to effectively glue the chromed parts and not lose that mirror finish?

Cheers Matty

Floyd Werner showed in his how-to DVD on NMF finishes how he removed the chrome from a car kit, built it up in sub-assemblies, then used Alclad's gloss black and chrome finish laquers to create a thinner,more scale looking chrome. It was IMPRESSIVE!!!

Hi Guys: Here is the next update on der messaschnitzel...Some cockpit detail has been added, more to come....lower nose scoop added with some putty to smooth in in (needs some sanding)a little character to Herr Verner...other sub assembies are in process, prop,spinner, struts, wheels, etc.

Zer Gute!!!!!

Verner ;)

PB080055.jpg

PB080054.jpg

PB080053.jpg

PB080052.jpg

PB080051.jpg

Thanks guys.. I'm working on some s/b mass balances, modifying a 1/32 21st Cent drop tank..some detail work on the landing gear (main and tail), prop/spinner details, fusalage seam filling..etc. Camo will be an early Luft scheme circa 1940. This project has been a hoot....hope you-all are enjoying it as much as Verner unt I.. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

ggc

Thanks guys.. I'm working on some s/b mass balances, modifying a 1/32 21st Cent drop tank..some detail work on the landing gear (main and tail), prop/spinner details, fusalage seam filling..etc. Camo will be an early Luft scheme circa 1940. This project has been a hoot....hope you-all are enjoying it as much as Verner unt I.. :rolleyes:

Cheers,

ggc

I've been having a blast watching this one! :rolleyes: I remember these kits from my childhood, and the nostalgia combined with the really nice job you're doing with it makes me grin from ear to ear. Thanks for the reminder that we can build kits just for the joy of it!

You have done a beautiful job on the radiater cowl.

I am actually surprised Revell didn't try to make this plane more angular, most of the airframe looks more like an F/G.

I don't remember the Revell comic planes but I do remember the Hasegawa Egg Planes appearing in shops when I about 11. Here's one on ARC.

These kits are so rare, I'm surprised somebody didn't try to arrest you when you started taking the parts off the spues!

Looks fantastic.

Thanks Allok: I think the Messaschtzel (wit mods) will definitely be a "one-of-akind" when it is finished....I don't think I've ever seen another one completed..my plan is to display it and the Spitsfire togeather..as far as the "rareity" value..., kits are for building..but I will preserve the kit box for posterity.. :blink:

Cheers,

ggc

LSP Matt: In an earlier post you memtioned you were working on a comic Funfdecker...that kit along with some other similar comic a/c are illustrated on the Messaschitzel box sides. What "scale" do you reckon it may be..? A companion model for the Funfdecker was "Lucky Pierre" in a comic Ni-11...I have a subsequent issue of this caracature Ni-11 that would be perfect for a period Vulgarian a/c....I'm thinking of arming it with a Vickers MG from the 1/28 Revell Spad kit...as originally built this kit had an electric motor which spun the prop and a hook so that you could hang it from the ceiling and it would fly around in circles...great fun but the battery eventually leaked and the model minus the leaking battery went into the salvage bin...

I'm thinking this kit would qualify for the incomplete/stalled projects group build....

I'll post pictures of this project in it's current state of Dis-Repair....later...

Cheers,

ggc

:D