T-33 just landed

Harold

I was just wondering if the actual aircraft seats sat on the floor or if they were above the floor a few inches. If I can find this out, then I'll go from there.

THanks

Brad

Hi Brad..not so much an issue as to the pit floor clearance but headrest height..lots of good side view photos showing position of seat relative to canopy position.the seat didn't rest on the floor.. when I rebuilt the Avionix seats the issue was more headrest height than anything else.and found some small amount had to be removed from bottom.don't know about the kit seats,haven't used them.

I was just wondering if the actual aircraft seats sat on the floor or if they were above the floor a few inches. If I can find this out, then I'll go from there.

THanks

Brad

They sit on rails that can be adjusted. Do like the others have mentioned. Look at the headrest level above the fuselage.

• 3 weeks later...

Today the Fletcher tanks landed in my mailbox and that makes the list of all AMS T-33 bits complete. Wonderful stuff! Highly recommended and lovingly packed by MidTenn.

But...now the wheel bays: I have the True Details casting in front of me and I'm not entirely convinced. I will sift through my library, photo files and, of course, the internet (unfortunately our local museum piece is now fenced off in the most unfriendly way) looking for good pictures of twheel bays, but in the meantime I would love to hear from other members what they did (if) to improve the kit, or indeed whatever after market items.

Best wishes,

Jan

Today the Fletcher tanks landed in my mailbox and that makes the list of all AMS T-33 bits complete. Wonderful stuff! Highly recommended and lovingly packed by MidTenn.

But...now the wheel bays: I have the True Details casting in front of me and I'm not entirely convinced. I will sift through my library, photo files and, of course, the internet (unfortunately our local museum piece is now fenced off in the most unfriendly way) looking for good pictures of twheel bays, but in the meantime I would love to hear from other members what they did (if) to improve the kit, or indeed whatever after market items.

Best wishes,

Jan

Hi JayTee..Glad to hear you've got all your bits,can't wait to see more T-33 builds.The TD wheel wells aren't too bad at all,the only item there you might improve is the speed board bays,they're a lot deeper than TD has them,and lots of plumbing there as well.you might want to pick up a metal landing gear set,one thing I noticed on the Kit canopy is the forward frame is too wide,might want to sand that off and thin it a by half..best thing is just keep looking at photos and get to know the bird as well as ya can,sounds like you've got everything you need,It really is (in the end) up to you how much detail goes into it.please post some pics.cheers.

Hi JayTee..Glad to hear you've got all your bits,can't wait to see more T-33 builds.The TD wheel wells aren't too bad at all,the only item there you might improve is the speed board bays,they're a lot deeper than TD has them,and lots of plumbing there as well.you might want to pick up a metal landing gear set,one thing I noticed on the Kit canopy is the forward frame is too wide,might want to sand that off and thin it a by half..best thing is just keep looking at photos and get to know the bird as well as ya can,sounds like you've got everything you need,It really is (in the end) up to you how much detail goes into it.please post some pics.cheers.

What William says.....he know of what he speaks.

Thanks William and Harold. I will try to obtain permission from our local museum to slide underneath the real thing, camera in hand, and cover every inch of those bays (also the nose wheel bay) and when I'm there take some measurements as well. I better admit right now being a rivet counter which, perhaps, explains why I play with the idea to scratch build the undercarriage from metal. This is not as weird as may sound, because I do have a lathe and milling machine (toys for boys). So why not have a go?

When the planned wheel and speed brake bay photo shoot mission is accomplished (oh dear...), I will of course be more than happy to post the results.

Jan

• 4 weeks later...

No word the the RT-33??

Anyone?

I finally have a few good photos of the rear platform. Now I am doing the mental engineering that it will take to get it going.

I will post anything that I come up with right here.

Harold