For Trumpeter Mig 29 Need a Tarmac for Russian AC

Vandy 1 VX 4

Guest Airfixer

Just in case...

Maybe helpful for those gentlemen wanting to replicate self-made concrete hex slab airfield pavement:

s4iLYAG.jpg

(dimensions in red = 1/32nd scale)

The earliest precast hex slabs (r=1200mm, thickness 100-140mm) date back as far as 1931/1932.

As operational aircraft grew heavier, the edge length was increased to 1500mm, accordingly. Slab thickness icreased up to 220mm.

Also commonly found were hex slab sizes of 1800mm.

YdpedQv.jpg

As previously stated in an earlier post, the concrete hex slabs started to be superseded by the rectangular PAG-type prestressed concrete slabs during the very late 1960s/early 1970s.

PAG-14/PAG-18:

YWjMbaT.jpg

Time hack...Soviet style:

EF4kLpp.jpg

Edited by Airfixer

Hello Danny,

By coincidence, I am working on a set of hex concrete slabs in 1/32. It is the 1.5 m type. I added texture to replicate the concrete surface. Here is what one section looks like:

5zR9WzE.jpg

I will have more info shortly on LSP Discussion about this set.

By the way, you can certainly mix different types of slabs plus conventional concrete sections on your display base. Note also on the various PAG 14 sections the different surface textures.

Regards,

Alain

Allen when those come out I like to purchase a few from you!!!!!!

I decided to try to build a master and make a mold of the PAG 14 tiles. The only problem is I can't read Russian. I don't know if those are in meters millimeters or what the measurements are! can someone translate that for me?

I would greatly appreciate it

Thank you for your interest! I will keep you informed of the progress of the set.

The measurements are in millimeters and, in the drawing above (Airfixer's post), red for 1/32. No need to learn Russian! 

So actual dimensions of PAG-14: 2000mm by 6000mm or simply 2m by 6m. Millimeters are often used in drawings, for example German aviation drawings are always(I think) in mm.

Alain

Thank you very much Dashotgun

Do you know if that's resin or if that's printed? I didn't see anything being mentioned

last night I already started doing it in 32nd scale out of plastic to make a master

Edited by Vandy 1 VX 4