New HpH DC-3 Pics up!!

Guest Maxim

Guest Clunkmeister

*shudder*

I have about 1000 hours of pilot time in DC-3s.  This model brings all the horrors of flying these god-awful machines right back into mind, despite my best efforts at suppressing the memories.

Great looking model, though.  Excellent detail!

Jake

That's hilarious, Jake.  I flew a few years in the arctic, and the DC-3 was the National Bird, it seems, only rivaled by the ptarmigan population...

I never flew the Doug, although I have several hours jumpseat warming time in them. :)

I went right from the single Otter to the C-46, and I can say, without one moment's hesitation, every single Doug Driver was terrified of the Whale. Something about that tiny rudder gave the Dugg's Boys the chills.  :)

They sure earned their keep, though, and continue to do so. The Big Curt is now almost extinct.

Guest Clunkmeister

Hubert, you sure ain't the only one who's been waiting for one of these with baited breath.

Like Brian with his Tigercat, the DC-3 is etched into my mind and soul.  Like Brian, this is almost a case of "Whatever it Takes".

My only bigger desire is the C-46, and if I end up doing one of those, it'll be one seriously ugly model because it'll be an exact copy of one I flew. All 16 different colors, faded, and otherwise.

Beside myself......I'll sell a kidney for this release.

I'd sell one of your kidneys for one also !.........Harv

My only bigger desire is the C-46, and if I end up doing one of those, it'll be one seriously ugly model because it'll be an exact copy of one I flew. All 16 different colors, faded, and otherwise.

IIRC, you already have one of those!   Its large but I dont remember it actually being an LSP...................48th maybe?

Guest Clunkmeister

Sacrilege!!!!

A military DC-3.

Civilian is the only way to fly.

Edited by Clunkmeister

NO WAY !!!     OMG ..can't keep up with all the fantastic LSP's that are showing up. I'm going to be forced to CA my credit card under the table.

Great days for 32nd'ers..

Edited by williamj