Nakajima B5N2 Kate: FINISHED

Allok

I realise that there is a whole website dedicated to these paper models but the original idea was to copy this plane to plastic. However, it looks like someone is going to release it in an injection kit...

So I'm just going to make it as it is.

(Keep the laughter to a minimum please)

Here's what you get:

B5N2partsinstructions1.jpg

Looks pretty complicated, instructions in Polish (I think) That's not going to help much!

But it's only paper and I'm not scared of paper.

B5N2instructionsheet1.jpg

B5N2partssheet1.jpg

B5N2partssheet2.jpg

B5N2parts1.jpg

The model includes an engine and a fully detailed interior!!!

Not too shabby.

Allok,

there is nothing laughable about paper models - if anything, they take more skill than plastic models. I have some paper models, and someday I will build them all. :)

I like what you are doing so far.

Radu

Spent a bit of my youth making toys from paper and card, lots of imagination and very little money. So this shouldn't really be a problem. Still, there's lots of bits that need to be cut, shaped and glued together (carefully)

One thing is for sure, there won't be any aftermarket bits here!

Wish me luck.

This is one build I'll be watching with real interest.

I've seen paper models advertised before, but until I looked at your photos just then I hadn't realized the detail. Looks very challenging.

A good choice, if a brave one!

Cheers

ian

Allok,

there is nothing laughable about paper models - if anything, they take more skill than plastic models.

Radu

Yup.

Been there, done that. Had a 1/32 Ju-88, and I thought, "How hard could it be?" and then found out by trying to build it. The masters of the genre can make the tires look like they are from an injection kit. Can paper be vac-formed? That's the only way I can figure how they do things like that. I'll try again someday, but woe to the modeler who underestimates these little buggers-

Lee ;)

Definitely no laughing, this looks like a great project and I will be watching with much interest. I picked up a couple (besides downloading a bunch of free ones) and one was greatly simplified, one looks pretty complicated, they also sent a free one, an Me 410 that I want to try once I finish up a couple projects that I have close to painting stage.

Is this your first one?

Yup.

Been there, done that. Had a 1/32 Ju-88, and I thought, "How hard could it be?" and then found out by trying to build it. The masters of the genre can make the tires look like they are from an injection kit. Can paper be vac-formed? That's the only way I can figure how they do things like that. I'll try again someday, but woe to the modeler who underestimates these little buggers-

Lee :)

It’s absolutely amazing what some of these guys do with paper! I discovered by going to bunch of boards dedicated to paper models that a lot of them get rid of the tabs that come with a model and glue on their own tabs so the parts butt join. They also do an excellent job with burnishing making some parts very realistic like this Zero cowl.

post-2-1175565911.jpg

Holy Cr@p!!!!

Mine's not gonna look that good! (You show off)

Yes, it is my first one and I will be removing the tabs and butt joining, but without extra tabs. It'll be tricky for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement guys... you know I need it.

Holy Cr@p!!!!

Mine's not gonna look that good! (You show off)

Yes, it is my first one and I will be removing the tabs and butt joining, but without extra tabs. It'll be tricky for sure.

Thanks for the encouragement guys... you know I need it.

Here’s the link to the Zero model

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=101141&t=80721

And here’s one to a Ju 88

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=1...993#reply_64050

Both are in I believe Polish but the photos gave me some good ideas for when I try mine. I just ran across a Japanese site that has some short but good how to videos on building paper models, if you want, I will look for the link again and post it.

Here’s the link to the Zero model

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=101141&t=80721

And here’s one to a Ju 88

http://www.konradus.com/forum/read.php?f=1...993#reply_64050

Both are in I believe Polish but the photos gave me some good ideas for when I try mine. I just ran across a Japanese site that has some short but good how to videos on building paper models, if you want, I will look for the link again and post it.

My head is spinning.

Paper!

Amazing stuff.

Allok,

Just a quick question as to the type of glue u'er using.It just help me as to do one myself.Always on the outlook for stepping up a notch or two from vac.Larry

Hi Larry.

I'm using good old PVA! You know, the stuff kids use in craft.

Actually, it's called Poly vinyl acetate, which is a water based woodworking glue. It's more or less the same thing. I also use it for making small windows, instrument dials and glueing on canopies.

Wait a sec... did you just say "up a notch from vac"???

Somebody must have slipped a pill into my coffee.