Can an F-2 be built from the 1:32 Hasegawa Bf109F-4 kit?

Spaced Marine

That's correct. IIRC the F-6/U is a modified F-2. From an F-4 to F-2 you will need (at least) to modify the supercharger intake and propblades. Check Quickboost regarding the propblades. I'm not sure if they have the correct supercharger intake as well, but worth checking.

(-: Roy

Edited by Roy Noras

Another option may be to seek out the old Aires resin conversion intended to take the Hasegawa G-2 back to an F.

IIRC the kit supercharger could be used for an F-4 and Aires provided a smaller intake for the F-2. YOu'd need to check on details (I have the set but it is in deep storage). 

Matt

'Another option may be to seek out the old Aires resin conversion intended to take the Hasegawa G-2 back to an F.'

If that's all that you need do than shoot me a PM with your address and it's yours.

Sincerely,

Mark

'Another option may be to seek out the old Aires resin conversion intended to take the Hasegawa G-2 back to an F.'

If that's all that you need do than shoot me a PM with your address and it's yours.

Sincerely,

Mark

PM sent.

It appears to me that not all have closely looked at the Hase 109F- 2/4 kits closely enough. The engine cover, cowling, is in 3 pieces. Starboard fuselage has the lower engine cover molded on, the top of the engine cover is a separate piece, which is ok for all 'F' kits except  the Galland Special, the port fuselage is molded to accept a insert for the lower cowling for part tree 'M' which has the intake flange molded in to accept part tree 'F' which is the air intake.The kits of the F-2 and F-4 'Jabo' and the 'Galland Special have part trees 'F' and 'M' . The 'Galland Special has a alternate top engine cover. Part tree 'Q'. The F-4 kits have only part trees 'L' port engine cover and 'G' air intake. All these kits have the same lower oil intake and prop blades . The air filters are in all the kits,2 different, solid and perforated, on part tree 'Y'  HTH

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

• 2 years later...

I have the 1/32 “Galland Special “ , it comes with the smaller intake of the F-2 /early F-4 . It also has the provisions to make the MGFF equipped machine . I'd like to find a correct supercharger intake for the G-2/4 . The G-4 is the same kit as the G6 which had a different cowl mount shape than the 6 .

Hasegawa'a Bf 109 F-4 Trop has the parts for the larger supercharger intake and cowl insert (Sprues G and L).

This intake was used on most F-4s and early to mid G series production.