Lets help LSP Kevin out to get a new computer.

ericg

Thanks for all your messages of support, guys, but most especially for donating your hard-earned! Again l'm humbled.

I battled Windows for years, and built my fair share of PCs, but always hated it. Since moving to the Mac many years ago, I can't imagine moving back to Windows. I deal with Windows servers at work, and that's bad enough! Having worked in the IT industry for the last 15 years or so, so l'm comfortable that I've made an informed decision. Besides, having to reinvest in all my software again would be a deal-breaker.

Kev

data of old harddrive you can easy transfer to new pc. No problem there. Can you describe the problem to me?

I build pc's myself out of loose components, describe what happens when you put your mac on.

the more i know the better I can help. It are just dumb machines....

data of old harddrive you can easy transfer to new pc. No problem there. Can you describe the problem to me?

I build pc's myself out of loose components, describe what happens when you put your mac on.

the more i know the better I can help. It are just dumb machines....

Theo, it powers on but doesn't boot, and nothing is output to the display. Firmware responds with the startup chime, and then nothing. The CPU fan kicks in loudly, which is unusual, as it's normally close to silent. I haven't yet had a chance to run through my normal diagnostic process, yet, but the fact that the firmware does little more than output the startup chime tells me that I probably have a motherboard issue. Apart from access to the expansion RAM slot, it's effectively a sealed unit.

Kev