Messerschmitt Me109K-4,

very nice build and paint job , I like it , I like especially as I did the same paint scheme a few years ago . at that time I was inspired by a profile found in a booklet dedicated to 109 profiles .. as I introduced my final build , an expert ( this guy wrote several books about Luftwaffe :mental:  ) told me that the red snniper was ...... "fantaisiste" ( fancy) ....no matter, that 's why chose this  paint scheme

Alain

Edited by alain11

Thanks for the support, guys!! I enjoyed the build, simple and straightforward, especially after the CT-133 build.

That's beautiful. I'd like to know what you did with the prop? The weathering looks very realistic.

The weathering on the prop was done with Windex. I airbrushed Tamiya XF-27 Black Green on the blades, let it dry, then from a distance of 3 ft i sprayed the Windex so it would fall in a fine mist over the blades. The Windex attacked the paint, making it splotchy and flattening it further. This only works with Tamiya paints, the Ammonia can be pretty harsh on the paint and if sprayed too heavily with strip the paint. Doesn't seem to work on Testors Acryl or solvent based paint.

very nice build and paint job , I like it , I like especially as I did the same paint scheme a few years ago . at that time I was inspired by a profile found in a booklet dedicated to 109 profiles .. as I introduced my final build , an expert ( this guy wrote several books about Luftwaffe :mental:  ) told me that the red snniper was ...... "fantaisiste" ( fancy) ....no matter, that 's why chose this  paint scheme

Alain

I think i have that book, by Dominique Breffort and Andre Jouineau. I have to admit, the red spinner with white spiral and the red/black defence stripe sold me on the scheme.

Don