1/18TH JSI F-14B Tomcat conversion

A-10LOADER

Greetings everyone,

First of all, Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there.

Another milestone was accomplished on Friday, the top color, FS 35237 Medium Gray, was applied to the Big Cat. To say that I'm happy would be an understatement. Finally after 6 years of more off than on work, the Tomcat is starting to come together. All the details that I meticulously added to the airframe are finally starting to shine. It was a TON OF WORK but, so worth it IMO.

There are a couple of very small areas that need some sanding, with 4000, before I can add some of the other colors before I gloss coat.

Thanks to all who are still following along, it's greatly appreciated. On to the pics, enjoy.

Steve

IMG_5956_zps0vdl3qy0.jpg

IMG_5957_zpststq36qp.jpg

IMG_5958_zpsxdniblpw.jpg

IMG_5959_zpsm6jfhwss.jpg

IMG_5960_zpsgqul1ylh.jpg

IMG_5961_zpszeac5qc0.jpg

IMG_5962_zpslsceb5g2.jpg

"TOMCATS FOREVER, BABY...!"

Greetings everyone,
Small update for tonight, I masked off to spray the airbags on the Big Cat. Overkill I know but, at this stage of the game and after all this work I'd rather be safe than sorry. I'll spray these tomorrow along with other small areas this week. Small steps but, progress none the less.
Thanks to everyone who's still keeping a watch on this project.

Steve

IMG_5964_zpspetcampv.jpg

IMG_5965_zpsgnedjkzw.jpg

IMG_5966_zpsswfbe5zt.jpg

Guest Maxim

Really looking good. Your panel line work is really paying now with a coat of paint. Exceptional work.I wish I'd picked one of these up when they came out.

Guest Peterpools

Steve

Just amazing work and the Big Cat is looking so good. It is amazing how paint work brings all the hard work together.

Eagerly looking forward to see her fully painted and all the markings on. I can only imagine how long it takes to paint and cover all that beautiful real estate.

Keep ‘ em comin

Peter

Thanks for the positive feedback guys, it's greatly appreciated.

Today's updates,
Had a very productive week so far on the Big Cat. I was able to get the over-wing fairing air bladders painted, the nozzle shrouds and, the forward fairings for the tails. I still have other smaller items that need painting before I can apply the gloss coat but, pretty happy with the progress so far. At least it's starting to look like something now.
Thanks to everyone who still keeps an eye on the project. Hope you enjoy the pics.

Steve

IMG_5969_zpsfkp95uxo.jpg

IMG_5973_zpshwuhuvyn.jpg

IMG_5976_zpsswqzjt3n.jpg