I'm In!

No much work tonight, Gents! Did a dry fit of the cockpit components into the fuselage, then attached the wings. FIT IS EXCELLENT. A few minor scrapes here and there of all that primer/paint/clear coat build-up, but I'm very pleased with the fit. Niece is spending the weekend with us while the parental units enjoy a long Valentines weekend!

ClRgX0t.jpg

(Next project will be Tamiya's A6M2 -- it will be a gift to friend who will be PCS'ing later this year!)

kqv3BVe.jpg

Edited by Shaka HI

Dull coat applied, subtle scratches/rust/scuffs/chipping paint replicated with colored pencils and finally assembled. Quite pleased, how a dull/matte coat pulls everything together.

Assembly should be glued into the fuselage halves by this evening, but sometimes it's best to wait a bit before such a commitment (I've noticed that I seem to miss things after a couple of hours.)

litUEoK.jpgLu6wJg7.jpgLBQGqKN.jpgwLLYf6J.jpgKgyO79m.jpg

I'm curious about the filler as well. So far i've needed fill on the gun port parts only.  I thought i was going to need some where the wing joins the fuselage at the very rear, but i leveled, glued and let dry this one spot before gluing the rest. I think it should be a filler free zone.

Don