Harrier GR.9A in 1/48 from Eduard

F`s are my favs

Hi hi, it`s been a big airbrake with the Eagle, but I was dealing with the Harrier. Well, I may become famous, but this Harrier became something like my best model so far. It`s not finished yet - just the decals are attached today. There will be a full video review of the build on the Mitko`s youtube channel and check out what a trailer he did about this model:

There will be a full build review on the DNmodels blog, so check it out when you can. So far I could only share a couple of photos :) from today - the decals are on and a thin coat of lacquer. That`s it for now. Btw, I plan to use oil paints for the weathering for the first time and with the help from the local IPMS club - the oil paints should do miracles for the weathering. So... the Harrier GR.9A ZG478, with the huge Lorraine Cross on the tail:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

It`s an interesting plane. Honestly, I had only some basic knowledge about this plane and it is not one of my most favorite planes (even the US Harrier), but during this build I kinda found its beauty. Yeah, it`s a beautiful plane. Almost forgot to mention :) ... it is something like 3 models in one - I mean 3 different displays out of this model - just about everything turns, rotates, etc., to transform it from a parked jet, through the VTOL mode, to a fast flying plane... there is a sneak peak in the trailer.

Just curious if you'll do a tutorial on how you worked through achieving all the moving / detachable parts, etc? That is some seriously cool model building right there. :)

Hi and thanks a lot! Appreciate it. 

The video is nearly 1h long and features quite some footage from this topic. It comes to the full build video. It represents only a small fragment from the entire making process, because for example the completion of the flaps lasted in common several days of building, and there is just one small portion of it in the video... and there are nearly 20 different moving things in the Harrier :) What shows the video is a choice/selection by Mitko. Will see. Btw, according to him, the video should be published after 2 long long long looooong weeks - around 16/17.

• 2 weeks later...