D and a J Liberator

Guest Smitty44

Very cool photos! Looks like you enjoyed it. When they were in my neck of the woods last summer I thought long and hard about paying $900 for the 60 minute flight and "lesson" in the 2 seat P-51, but ultimately just couldn't justify. Maybe next time they come through I'll talk myself into it. I mean, flying a mustang is definitely a once in a lifetime experience

If it helps you any the next time, you can write off a portion of the cost on your taxes.  They are considered a museum and the price of the ride is considered a donation.  I don't remember how much you get back but it helps a little  :rolleyes:

If it helps you any the next time, you can write off a portion of the cost on your taxes. They are considered a museum and the price of the ride is considered a donation. I don't remember how much you get back but it helps a little :rolleyes:

Oh man, that may be the last straw! "It's a charitable donation, honey!"

Honestly, all these 1/32 kits are really cool,but I'd love it if someone would do a new tool 1/48 of these heavy bombers. I just don't have room for a bunch of 3ft wingspan model planes.

Oh man, that may be the last straw! "It's a charitable donation, honey!"

Honestly, all these 1/32 kits are really cool,but I'd love it if someone would do a new tool 1/48 of these heavy bombers. I just don't have room for a bunch of 3ft wingspan model planes.

Make room. Throw the wife out.

Guest The Southern Bandit

Fantastic subjects and I hope its the A team works on them, but too big for me ... far too big though I may make an exception for the HK Lanc to hang on a wall or something, have almost bit the bullet for the HK B-17 and Mitchell a couple of times but managed to resist.

A while back I decided if I wanted the big 4 engine bombers then do them in 1/72 scale and have bought a few, was really surprised at the quality of modern 1/72, really pleasantly surprised indeed, so I'll try stick to that formula and do everything else in 1/32 ... nothing beats the presence of a large aircraft model in 1/32 though ... so for you guys that have the space to display, hope its the A team works on them, the HB P-61 needed a lot of AM to get it accurate I believe.

And oh yeah ... about that Devastator, when oh when will we get that one, that's what I want what I really really want!

I remember seeing the sandy MTO B-24D at Harlingen in Dec 1987, and all the nose art that had been cut off the hors de combat boneyard planes and mounted around the hangars. It looked quite imposing but was tiny compared to the B-29, Fifi, standing on much longer legs and painted in what looked like Boeing Gray. Nice to know they're still around.

If alive with the liquid assets I will deffo buy the Lancaster (gawd how I'd love a Hercules engined Halifax) but have so far resisted the B-17F. The B-24D might be very tempting as a Navy equivalent PB4Y sub hunter. (Think I mentioned that before, but at my age repetition is becoming worryingly normal.)

Tony

Don't forget the Vulgarian Air Force Mitchells. They were on amphibian floats (floats with wheels in the centers so they could land anywhere).  :piliot:

I thought I knew the Vulgarian air force, can you expand on that?

d66015a3e51405a6405a42a0c80b5ac0.jpg

Oh, and I found this...

We are loyal to Vulgaria

Falcon of the West

And we toil for Vulgaria,

Feathering her nest.

The soil of Vulgaria

Through all the world is known

From her heights to her Dairy Area

Vulgaria stands alone!

Richard

I'm just waiting to see who will be the first with a B-29 in 32 scale! Well we have the B-25, B-17, soon the Lancaster and now the B-24. The B-29 just makes sense and yes i would buy one no questions asked.

Edited by Maxim

Guest The Southern Bandit

I'm just waiting to see who will be the first with a B-29 in 32 scale! Well we have the B-25, B-17, soon the Lancaster and now the B-24. The B-29 just makes sense and yes I would buy one no questions asked.

The way things are going I'd not be surprised if in the near future (in our life time) we do see a 1/32 B-29, not that I would buy one but it would be good to see others model it ... but a C-130 Hercules in 1/32 would be awesome and might persuade me to move to a bigger house :)