B-25J Mitchell

Dukie99

Sounds like you had a good trip to Scotland and nice to see you back at your B-25.

I have the same Profi set for the waist gunners and I'm getting fits just looking at, never kind contemplating Thr installation. I think I'll use yours as a template for when I get to it. Way better than the instructions they give you.

Carl

Welcome back David. Man, thats nice work. Yes, their directions are "interesting". Giving me lots of fits also. I have to google pictures of their sets done to even see what it's supposed to look like !.......Harv

The Profi kits I have, some of their "instructions" seem to be technical drawings from the actual aircraft manuals, not really anything to do with assembling their parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ernie. I have now closed the fuselage. I finished installing the second side gun position and finished the bombardier tunnel

i-GLVhk4b-L.jpg

i-qd2V6zh-L.jpg

I actually glued the fuselage last week-end, fit was good and it was surprisingly easy to close everything up. I spent the entire week sanding and puttying the seam. I have rescribed and rerivetting the back of the beast. I guess it will take me another week to do the belly. Super tedious work but it has to be done. In the middle of this I cracked open my Tamiya Birdcage (OOB except for seatbelt and markings), excellent to keep your sanity when riveting gets to you.

Cheers,

David

Guest Clunkmeister

Looking great, David.

I really like your approach with the almost OOB method. Just enough added detail to enhance what's easily seen.

On the advice of friends, I popped open a birdcage and stated in on it as well. same as you but Barracuda cockpit stencils (tedious) but they add so, so much.

looking forward to seeing more.

Ernie

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Not too much progress these days but I managed to finish sanding and rescribing the fuselage. I a,sure I will have some more to do once I prime it but the hard work is done. I could glue the tail and install the glasshouse for thé tailgunner. Amazing how cramped the tail gun position is and how little you actually see. I also installed the Grey !atter Figure tail gun canvas. A bit of sanding to make it fit but surprisingly easy and it should look great under a coat of paint. Hopefully I will make more progress this week-end.

i-mXBvVfB-L.jpg

i-M4jRKz2-L.jpg

i-GVnGjPr-L.jpg

Cheers.

David