HKM To Re release the B-17G

Guest Maxim

Guest Maxim

Just seen this on Facebook. July 2018 re release. HKM mentoned that the kit has been out of stock for a year now. Good news for anyone that missed one.

35844802_2039437039639244_71800005779532

Edited by Maxim

Great news! This time I will work harder convincing myself to buy one. The G variant is my favorite. That said, I cannot forget the B-24. <Sorry the muffled scream was my credit card from across the room.>. I hope the tooling is still good.

Rick

Guest Peterpools

Great news for sure but I still face the same problem:

space to display the Fortress when done. She won't fit in my display case and I have no other options for displaying my finished builds in the house.

Peter

Wow, to me that box art is much improved over their past iterations of this kit! 

Great news for sure but I still face the same problem:
space to display the Fortress when done. She won't fit in my display case and I have no other options for displaying my finished builds in the house.
Peter

Been asking myself that same question re: the B-24. I have meh feelings on the B-17, but must have a Lib, so have been thinking about hanging it by the tail on the wall, or somehow making a glass table out of it.

Guest Peterpools

Hi Brian

I'll never be able to convinced the chief. So I'm still litetally banging my head against the wall trying to find a solution.

Peter

Hi Brian

I'll never be able to convinced the chief. So I'm still litetally banging my head against the wall trying to find a solution.

Peter

If the SWMBO doesnt want it, sneak it in the house with the notion its going to be a "commission build" for someone...................yadda, yadda, yadda, time passes and you finish the model, but...................UH OH!  The customer no longer has the financial means to buy the model now that its finished.  What to do, what to do............

Well, guess you have to keep it and find a way to display it!  :lol: 

Much difference compared to the other G version?

Cheers Matty

Matt,

It is possible that some sprues from the E/F release may be included, such as the improved rear spar (this was already included in my G kit), and hopefully the top turret components that are more accurate.

Cheers, Tom

My conundrum is I found a guy selling one over on another website for way below regular pricing.  He's just too busy with life right now (moving, making life changes, etc) to try and get it to the PO and sold to me.  He has promised it to me, and my name is already on the shipping label. 

So do I keep waiting to save, or jump on the re-release?  Damned first world problems.... :hmmm: 

Why would she not want you to have something that keeps you home and happy?

because A) SWMBO would NOT be HAPPY, and so B) My life would be a living hell  oh and By the time I've paid the Card bill  off after buying it , I'd be fighting the cats for their food 

All joking aside I'd love to build one of these beasts , but I really have run out of space , , pity!