Roden O-2 Skymaster due in November

Kagemusha

Hi All

Just received one from an eBay seller in Poland.

First review out of the box:

- Lot of sprues in a small plastic bag in a large cardboard box with a great box art in the cover, no pb all content absolutely well protected.

8e6dwu.jpg

04by87.jpg

9ijk9c.jpg

- First personnal impress: parts and runners are flawless. That means production process quality (and/or control?), and one other remark: sprues are "heavy" (good plastic fill in the mold cavity).

Great surface detail too, looks like the O-1.

- clear parts are thin and transparency is here, the windscreen is perfectly molded and very thin too.

16vznf.jpg

0undu7.jpg

This is what I can say from now and I repeat: from my own copy.

Rgds

Hi All

Just received one from an eBay seller in Poland.

First review out of the box:

- Lot of sprues in a small plastic bag in a large cardboard box with a great box art in the cover, no pb all content absolutely well protected.

- First personnal impress: parts and runners are flawless. That means production process quality (and/or control?), and one other remark: sprues are "heavy" (good plastic fill in the mold cavity).

Great surface detail too, looks like the O-1.

- clear parts are thin and transparency is here, the windscreen is perfectly molded and very thin too.

This is what I can say from now and I repeat: from my own copy.

Rgds

Great news raf! 

Yes, it looks a whole lot better than before. I also notice that the window retaining flanges do exist but are located on the fuselage parts, which allows for them to be inserted after painting - though the roof one may be cussedly difficult still.

Thanks for posting the mini review

Tony

Guest The Southern Bandit

Hopefully mine will be here before Christmas, same concerns as everyone else, but Rafju's pictures look encouraging.

Looks nice on the sprues. The big thing is going to be how it goes together and how structurally sound it is, especially on the rear gear.

Is there an IP decal included with instrument faces? TIA.

Hi Dave, yes

cqr87v.jpg

ps: the rear gear is a plastic part of 1.5mm thick, to my opinion it can be easily reinforced if necessary with a piano wire or something like,

Edited by rafju

Guest The Southern Bandit

ps: the rear gear is a plastic part of 1.5mm thick, to my opinion it can be easily reinforced if necessary with a piano wire or something like,

I was hoping that would be the case.