Dieselpunk BF 109

spacewolf

So a VERY short update ! I'm just back from a trip east... Mum's birthday and the CAMS model show. The Domed city got a silver and I picked up some neat stuff from the vendors tables. Think this might help the cockpit a bit ?

FvWkbbR.jpg

Anyhoo... Just paint and test fitting.. no time to do much before I go back to work tomorrow..

DNxRQXu.jpg

jBKyd3C.jpg

RAF interior green on this one... MM enamel brush painted.

ZXMzX5F.jpg

Gonna be busy for a week before I can get back into it.. but the build continues !!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all !! I'm BAAAACK !! :wicked: After a trip east, a trip north and work I'm finally able to get back to the bench and come up with .. well... I'm not sure what it is but it looks good !!

When last I posted I was working on the cockpit.. so lets finish that up shall we ?... First thing was one of those Waldron items... adds to the 'busy' of the cockpit...

iHE33sw.jpg

Next up was the other sidewall... but I got sidetracked... The idea of rudder peddles ... what would they look like in a dieselpunk world ?... no rudder bar... think tubes and more tubes...a hole was drilled, thin brass tube set in and a triangle support...

F3smaD9.jpg

The second one added and paint splashed around.

nhydEof.jpg

Now for the peddles... thin sheet cut to shape (going with He- 180 and D-113 style) and edged with stretched sprue..

DDXEEcF.jpg

Thinner tube superglued to the peddle

BTDrgIH.jpg

Holes drilled and grey/ silver paint...

WccuU83.jpg

In place... It looked very good to me !

MJv5wUb.jpg

FRctaKp.jpg

With everything going so well I was on a roll... and I screwed up... didn't take pics till I was wayyyy too far in... so I'll try to describe what the process was...

5iaEnIs.jpg

The seat and floor plan... Bits of scrap were cut into shapes.. on the right side a seat adjustment lever was made.. triangle with the top point rounded.. a rod made from stretched sprue with a round bolt cut from rod stock...

v3brpir.jpg

Foot rails cut from ribbed sheet... control stick from thick copper wire as was the long tube on the floor...

uE8UVwp.jpg

Another black box 'thing' cut from scrap... sadly this is mostly hidden now... but I know it's there !!

8Hlwy1T.jpg

Tamyia smoke to dirty it up and flat clear to tie things together...

A gun button and brake lever added from stretched sprue, Eduard seatbelts... I had a set, why not use 'em ?

76GG1le.jpg

Looking good to my eyes I think !... oh ya... the domed section on the floor ?... Sprue again.. a half section ... just trimmed and glued in for interest.

nmQaiMk.jpg

Edited by spacewolf

With the front section done we need the area behind the seat... again, no plan... just thoughts and seeing what came..

Floor pan, rib  and sections

8boqumf.jpg

Glued in place

lmp2jGS.jpg

GsXX6BV.jpg

The floor dressed up.. oxygen bottles from sprue, straps from post it note paper, fittings from scrap.. paint was a mix.. Vallejo, Tamyia, MM and Humbrol

oMrv8Gy.jpg

• 3 weeks later...