1/32 He-162 Salamander

dutik

Thank you for the link! It is a shame that most of the images are gone now. Must be a marvel of a model, given the replies!

But you drive me into insanity! There is a link by Vincent/MDC (Thank you for that one! Very much!) to a step-by-step restoration of a real Heinkel at France. Don't speak French, but I am able to click the images :) Boah, guys! Modelling heaven! Looks like I've got the cockpit right so far, plus/minus some size issues. Have just to alter the frontwall something and to add the bottle and some lines to the visible area behind the instrument panel. And now forward for some more plumbing and wiring of the Gear bay! Hurra! Attacke! :rolleyes:

Regards! - dutik

• 3 weeks later...

Hi dudik,

have a look in "Flugzeug-Forum".

"Snokri" is publishing his fantastic HE-162. Really worthwhile to habe a look on it.

Maybe I can talk him into publishing in large scale forums. Than we have two good replicas of this "Flying Coffin"!

Thanks. But I am not able to see the images, because I am not a member of the Flugzeugforum. Is this the Heinkel, that was at the exhibition at Gatow to? With the screwed-off nosecone?

I was ill the last time (a nasty cold) and had to wait for supply of screw heads. Got them yesterday, 200 each of 0,9 and 1,2 mm made ba MR Modellbau from Germany. I like this stuff. Just added a first line to the uc bay. I have also riveted the cockpit sill - and managed to punch a hole at the edge too :notworking:

post-7459-1256762589.jpg

Regards! - dutik

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks. But I am not able to see the images, because I am not a member of the Flugzeugforum. Is this the Heinkel, that was at the exhibition at Gatow to? With the screwed-off nosecone?

I was ill the last time (a nasty cold) and had to wait for supply of screw heads. Got them yesterday, 200 each of 0,9 and 1,2 mm made ba MR Modellbau from Germany. I like this stuff. Just added a first line to the uc bay. I have also riveted the cockpit sill - and managed to punch a hole at the edge too :thumbsup:

post-7459-1256762589.jpg

Regards! - dutik

That is just brilliant work man! Iam lovin' this build.

JR

Thank you for your kind words. I know, that you are the true artists (Hey, I am NOT able to make a pair of wings of the same size. :) ) (Not a single one of correct size, I guess).

Work is on hold until Xmas or January 2010. In spite of the recent crisis we had more work to do than ever before. I was near a physical breakdown at the beginnig of this month. The workload peak is over now, but I have to manage somehow to survive until Xmas holiday. The plan is to melt down the mountain of aquired extra working hours at the beginning of the next year. This means a lot of modelling time in January :goodjob:

With kind regards - dutik

p.s. The Heinkel at Gatow was a piece of art. Anything screwed off or opened. Cockpit, engine, gun bay, even the front cone and the tail were off to show the interior.

p.p.s. Had the idea to make an Eduard Emil-1 as a quickbuild. No chance. I got stuck in the middle of adding details at the starbord cockpit wall... To much work irl to do. Will post images, when I restart modelling.

• 8 years later...