2018 IPMS Phoenix Convention

phantom

1 hour ago, MARU5137 said:

Remind  ME ...PIMA BUS TOUR is on WEDNESDAY 1ST AUGUST.AND I have to be ready in the foyer at HYATT for 7.30am when WE ALL depart.

Is that correct?

Thank you in advance.:coolio:

The tour to Pima is on Thursday 2 August. That is what the show website says, anyway. 

You gave me a fright, I thought they changed the date. I would have missed it if the tour was on the 1st, as  I will arrive there on the evening of the 1st.

Radu 

14 minutes ago, CANicoll said:

I'm at the Hilton Garden Inn which is just a block away from the convention Center so not far.  Where are we all meeting up?  Chris

Per Mike/Phantom it appears that the LSP meet and greet is on Friday 3rd August for 10am, Room 101BC slot number 20.

12 minutes ago, williamj said:

Won't be going to Pima either,my darling wife wants to go shopping Thurs. so ..ya...shopping....weeeeeeee. :clap2:

Tell her to take my bev with her. Just saying....Harv

On 7/24/2018 at 4:31 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

Another reminder (sorry, my nurse mode is on) - it's really hot out here guys.  However much water you think you need, you need four times that much if you're going to be outside.  And keep in mind that at Pima, while the hangars are "air conditioned" they are cooled with swamp coolers (evaporative cooling), not regular a/c, so they're not what you would think of as "air conditioned".  They're a lot cooler than the outside, but still warm, and by dint of the swamp coolers, sometimes kind of clammy feeling.  I can't stress enough - LOTS of water, and SPF 50 sunscreen.  With the rain we've had we do have some skeeters out and about as well.  A big floppy brimmed hat is a good idea for outdoors.  I'd hate to see anyone laid out with heat exhaustion.  It can happen in a flash.  Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate.

Good advice, especially since most of us are not young and at the peak of fitness.   In the desert heat issues can happen very, very fast.

I have a table across form the ZM exhibit, and all are invited and welcome to come by and say high or hang out if you like.

Looking forward to seeing everyone,

Gary  

On 7/24/2018 at 4:15 PM, scvrobeson said:

Sorry guys, but looks like I won't be able to make it to Phoenix for nationals.  Just can't swing it between job interviews.

Hope everybody has a fantastic time though, and take a lot of pictures of the experience

Matt 

I never had a prayer of making it, just too darned far. I'd at least hoped to make it to Chattanooga, but it now appears that'll probably be impossible too. I must say that I envy you fellas with the ability to do these things.

11 minutes ago, LSP_Typhoonattack said:

I never had a prayer of making it, just too darned far. I'd at least hoped to make it to Chattanooga, but it now appears that'll probably be impossible too. I must say that I envy you fellas with the ability to do these things.

Ya it's costly, for sure. The fact that I am going this year means it will be VERY unlikely that I go again for a VERY long time.

15 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

Ya it's costly, for sure. The fact that I am going this year means it will be VERY unlikely that I go again for a VERY long time.

Our local IPMS club has hosted the convention twice, the last time being 1991, and I really wish we'd get it again, but that looks very doubtful, for a variety of reasons.