California Highway Patrol P-51D Pursuit plane- finished

BloorwestSiR

An A-10 or an SU-25 would be a better choice, though. They can Cary more ordnance and bag more speeders.

As in body bag? With the GAU-8 on the A-10, I don't think there's much chance of them finding anything left of the speeders.

drop tanks with red and blue lights in the nose of them!

That might be an idea! I'm also thinking I'll add a side facing spotlight much like the CF-18 has in the nose for nighttime enforcement. 

I can't believe we're on the second page of this WiP already and I haven't even started working on the kit!

Carl

Edited by BloorwestSiR

Everytime I see an update in this thread, I hear the CHiPs theme run through my head.   Then I picture that millionaire guy who had a few hundred acres in out west, and his own P-51D with fully operational .50 cals in the wings, and the license to fire them......................he used to do strafing runs on old car hulks he put out in his pasture.

How cool would it be to actually strafe something in a P-51D.  No chance for felons!

Everytime I see an update in this thread, I hear the CHiPs theme run through my head. Then I picture that millionaire guy who had a few hundred acres in out west, and his own P-51D with fully operational .50 cals in the wings, and the license to fire them......................he used to do strafing runs on old car hulks he put out in his pasture.

How cool would it be to actually strafe something in a P-51D. No chance for felons!

When I see gun camera footage from WWII of fighters doing low level strafing tuns on armored vehicles, I can only imagine what they'd do to a normal car.

And you're right about the CHiPs theme running in my head. It doesn't help that they spoof it in the Planes sequel that my sons watch all the time.

Carl

Anyways, I finally got the kit to my workbench last night and made a start.

Here's what found upon opening the box.

IMG_20150408_222407.jpg

It seems I have the following AM in the box:

- J Rutman correction set

- Nautilus wood floor

- Grey Matters wheels and tires

I pulled out the lower wing section to see where I'd left off.

IMG_20150408_222420.jpg

I gave it a quick sanding since it seems to have a pebbly texture to it. I'll start filling in the rivets today.

So progress!

Call