This Japanese Lady named Kate

Loic

Hi guys,

thanks to all for "passing by".

Kev,

as my wife says: there is no rush, the longer the better.... :rolleyes:

Stephen,

I eventually would love a pdf file of the paper kit. I do not intend to build that paper kit so I do not really need the original format but a couple of shots/views could possibly help. Would that be an option? What ever the answer, thanks for proposing some help.

Manny,

I am indeed lacking info on the interior / cockpit and I suppose (hope) Hasegawa or Tamiya would have had more info than me when they engineered their kit... So I suppose a couple of pics of either the kit parts or the instructions could help me to start with something. Thanks in advance.

Greg,

thanks for the kind words.

Cheers,

Loic

Thanks Ed!

So....I guess it is time to stop talking and start building and show pics :lol:

That first shot shows the Revell Zeke laying on a 1/32 Kate drawing. I have used power point to copy the Kate outer lines (in red) and paste those on the Zeke. The kit/drawing alignement on my table was not 100% perfect so I did not managed to properly supperpose the drawings but you will get the idea: those 2 fuselage are pretty damn close... at least enough to consider the conversion :D

Pic n°2 shows the difference in the tail plane area in both shape and position... Zeke is in blue, Kate in red... I will have to errase and rebuild everything here... :D

post-3547-1220648409.jpg

Hi guys,

Stephen,

I eventually would love a pdf file of the paper kit. I do not intend to build that paper kit so I do not really need the original format but a couple of shots/views could possibly help. Would that be an option? What ever the answer, thanks for proposing some help.

Loic

Lets converse via email, since you do not want to use PM.

Mine is auslend@snet.net

Once I hear from you via eamil we can take it from there.

Stephen

I was struggling before to see how you could turn a Zero in to a Kate Loic, but your photos do an admirable job of showing how it can be done. I'm dying to see how you do the front half!

Kev

I've been running this scratch-built (the Kate) over in my head for a while...... these "frankenstien" builds are a challenge!

Since the forward part of the fuselage tapers towards the front Loic, find another kit with the same fuselage cross section and reverse it to taper the direction you need.

Sometimes, 1/48th scale main wings can be used for the horizontal stabilizer and rudders - I used a trashed 1/48 Monogram main wings for the horizontal stabs on a combat vac instead of using the crappy vac parts. It was much easier to cut and scribe the 1/48 parts than to fool with the vac parts.

Loic....I am looking forward to seeing this build too.

Jon

Hi Guys,

Kev,

I am glad the pics helped to add sence to my initial explanaitions ;)

Stephen,

PM sent :lol: ;)

Jon,

I will double check but I think the front end of the Zeke is quite different front the Kate one, I am affraid I will have to build this end from nothing.

Also, I must confess here I have never ever bought or built a single 1/48th scale kit in my life. I was given Academy spit XIV and Monogram B17 as a birthday presents quite a long time ago and they are still in their boxes... but thanks for the tip B)

Cheers,

Loic

Hi guys,

Keith,

you bet I have already seen/studied your build :lol:

I have been through some cut/dremel/file/sand paper action this morning and I shot a pic so wanted to share.

The modification of the very rear end of the fuselage is doing quite OK to my eyes despite what I have been through this morning was anything but subtile work I would say B)

Later,

Loic

post-3547-1220692091.jpg

Veeery interesting Loic. :lol: Oh!, no need to look behind you,...it's just me looking over your shoulder watching what you're up to. B) hehe. ALWAYS interesting to check out 'the Loic way of doing things', just never know what you will pull out of your hat to surprise us! Hmmm, definitely has a lot of potential, and looks like you got the plastic flying. ;)

Looking good buddy, looking good. I'll definitely be checking back in to see what you're doing. Later, Russ