Count me in - P51B Mustang - Red Tail: FINISHED

Adrian A.

Count me in guy's.

I'll be doing a 1993 repop of the 1969 Revell P51B Mustang.

I'll finishing it in a NMF Tuskegee Red Tail scheme of Lee Archers 'Ina the Macon Belle'.

I've been wanting to do that bird for quite a while, guess this is as good a time as any.

post-177-1167449008.jpg

I've also did a little work on the fuselige, painting & drill work.

I've opened up the cheek vents & backed them with brass screen - I'll add some phot0-etched vents over the gaping hole.

I've also drilled out the fastener holes in the framework but you can't see it in the photo's -partly camera, partly camera skills.

Adrian A.

post-177-1167450004.jpg

Last pic of the night is of my laminated wood floor - which I'm not going to use - it goes with the Eduard cockpit I'm working on (I'll use it & the E & T Merling on my 'Ding Hao' build)

Hope you guy's like the work so far - I'll get back to building tomorrow.

Adrian A.

post-177-1167450376.jpg

Thanks Jeff.

It'll be nice having another P51B Mustang build to look at.

I've got a set of Beeson's 'QP*M' if you'd like them - just let me know if you want them & I'll send them to you.

Adrian A.

Hi Guy's,

I did a little work on 'Ina' tonight.

Pic # 1 shows the installed firewall. I'm hopeing to install the engine in the next few days to run the wiring/plumbing - just to get them out of the way.

Adrian A.

post-177-1167539247.jpg

Pic # 3 is of the Left wing cutout for the gunbay.

I'm a little concerned with this puppy - scratch building really ain't my strong suit.

But I'll give it a try - I can always use a wing out of one of my other kits if I pooch it.

One question on this - what is the best way to thin the wing around the gunbay opening? I've got a dremel but....the results might not be too pretty!!

Thanks for looking!

Adrian A.

post-177-1167539815.jpg