Bravo Revell Germany P-51D Canopy Replacement

modelingbob

Did you use the Revell USA on-line form or the Revell Germany on-line form? I also did the Revell USA on-line form about the same time you did and got the same 6-8 week response. Since my request exceeded the 8 week time frame, plus Revell USA also posted on their website that if you did not receive your requested parts by a certain date you will not receive the parts since they have completely ceased operations. Use the Revell Germany link I posted in the OP and you will get your parts pretty quickly. 

Sent in my request April 5th and still have not received a replacement canopy.  Return email said to allow 6 to 8 weeks.

Closing in on that now.

Jerry

Edited by modelingbob

Sent in my request April 5th and still have not received a replacement canopy.  Return email said to allow 6 to 8 weeks.

Closing in on that now.

It would be nice to know if your replacement is as clear (or as improved as) Bobs replacement copy was. That way we would know for sure that Revell has indeed gotten the message that a lot of their P-51 clear parts are unacceptably distorted, and have taken steps to remedy that. 

Quang:  Sorry, I'm lumping the problems into 'lack of clarity' - wavy or whatever.  My original canopy is certainly wavy but the second one is markedly less so.  NOT perfect (not Tamiya quality for example) but much better than the first kit.

I sent a request via Revell of Germany's website... Mark the date! LOL

Chris

Did you use the Revell USA on-line form or the Revell Germany on-line form? I also did the Revell USA on-line form about the same time you did and got the same 6-8 week response. Since my request exceeded the 8 week time frame, plus Revell USA also posted on their website that if you did not receive your requested parts by a certain date you will not receive the parts since they have completely ceased operations. Use the Revell Germany link I posted in the OP and you will get your parts pretty quickly. 

I did use the USA request, but do believe I am going to follow your lead and send another request via the link

you posted earlier.  Thanks Bob.

Jerry

Bob, thanks for posting this!   I think it may end up being a very popular link indeed................it seems a lot of folks just dont know where the best place to start is in re: to ordering replacement clear parts.  

Sheese!, I've posted that link more than once here.

Guess nobody reads my posts  :crying:

I sent my request in last Friday and haven't gotten any email

nor nothin'  :crying:

I have 4 kits , all with distorted clear parts so I sent a photo of

all 4 kits stacked up as proof of purchase (they might think

asking for 4 canopies a little greedy :o)  I've heard several

folks say they have recieved nice replacement canopies fairly

quickly so I'll keep my hopes alive (thanks Bob).

kurejJm.jpg

Quang:  Sorry, I'm lumping the problems into 'lack of clarity' - wavy or whatever.  My original canopy is certainly wavy but the second one is markedly less so.  NOT perfect (not Tamiya quality for example) but much better than the first kit.

I sent a request via Revell of Germany's website... Mark the date! LOL

Chris

Good to know that Revell has improved on their clear parts!

Here in Germany Revell's service is exceptional. Recently I've bought on of their newly issued

Tornada F.3 kits in 48scale  :fight:  (I know), in the box I found this:

i-JfxfqjS-L.jpg

Sprues A, B and C were completely distorted and so were the parts. I've sent them a request for new sprues together with a pics some

4 weeks ago. No reply since then, but this morning the Postman rang and delivered a complete new kit to my doorstep. That's what

I call customer friendly. Hats off.

Lothar

I dont have the kit or sprue/parts numbers at the moment.......................It appears the Mustang is Revell kit No. 03944...............but can anyone give me the required clear sprue numbers for the canopy and windscreen please? 

I dont have the kit or sprue/parts numbers at the moment.......................It appears the Mustang is Revell kit No. 03944...............but can anyone give me the required clear sprue numbers for the canopy and windscreen please? 

Brian, there are two clear sprues:  J is the canopy (part 125 and what looks like a position light, #131), and Sprue H is the windscreen, gunsight, position lights, etc.  So the Windscreen is part H91 and the canopy is part J125.

Hope that helps.

Chris

Edited by CANicoll