Tamiya's release schedule next 5 years (suggestion)

timvkampen

Next 5 years it should be like this:

1. Hellcat

2. F-14A/B/D Tomcat

3. F-16A/B/D, reissue C (Thunderbirds and block 50)

4. P-38 Lightning and

5. Beaufighter. 

Of these 5 the F-14 and F-16 would for sure the easiest sellers, of the WW II stuff: the Hellcat probably.

But...Tamiya is Tamiya, they decide what the market wants apparently...  :m0152:

Oh boy, here we go again, but seriously, these would be my choices....... :wicked::

Gripen, Viggen, Draken......all spoken out with a heavy scandinavian accent....... :innocent:

Oh, and also "seriously" i know i will be waiting for these untill my face turns blue.....!!!

Edited by Jack

Yes J.35 Draken (pronounced as drarken, not draykon) from ANYBODY. Maybe from the Czech guys, after the J.29 and Su-7.

Tamiya? I have a hunch we'll get some variations on the existing range, like an NF Mossie, but a new tool 1/32 Kitty would be great.

The 1/48 stuff seems to be Tamiya's priority, focusing on WW2 era props and tracks.

Tony

Anything WWII will get my money.

Anything.

I'd say WWII or prior, but I can't see Tamiya going down that route. They'd not have done so before, but with Wingnut Wings utterly owning the WWI market - and the inter-war 1/32 market seemingly only strong enough to support resin manufacturers - WWII is the only game in town for Tamiya.

Although a 1/32 Tamiya BE.2, DH.4 or HP O/400 would certainly get WNW's attention. And mine.

Wow, all these dreams of Tamiya releasing WW2 subjects that have been already been covered to death is leaving me tired and in good need of a sleep.

C'mon guys, do we really need more 109's, Corsairs and P-40's!

Eric

I just hope they release a 1/32 plane in the next 5 years.  My favorites would be a Hellcat, P-40B, Spitfire Mk II, Fw-190A5, BF109G6, Hawker Hurricane, my jet choice would be a Korean War Saber.

No way in the world they release 5 new 1/32 aircraft kits in the next 5 years.

They may not release any.  I hear the push is going toward 1/48 aircraft now.

And for the record, what is WAY overdo in their "WWII Super Kit" series is stuff from GERMANY.

Next 2 planes should be world beating FW-190 and BF-109 kits, followed by as many variants as they dare make.

The USA, Japan, and Great Britain have gotten their kits, now it's time for Germany to get its kits too!

I assume 1:32 scale (but could equally be 1:48) so i'll go with the Tamiya treatment on...

1. V.S. Spitfire Mk.XIV/XVIII

2. Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird

3. N.A. F-86A Sabre

4. Hawker Hurricane Mk.I

5. Grumman F6F Hellcat

Alternatively in the Real World (well in my head at least), I'd go...

Bristol Beaufort

Boulton Paul Defiant

Bristol Beaufighter

Handley Page Hampden

Hawker Harrier GR.1

Edited by Tony C

Wow, all these dreams of Tamiya releasing WW2 subjects that have been already been covered to death is leaving me tired and in good need of a sleep.

C'mon guys, do we really need more 109's, Corsairs and P-40's!

Eric

109s HELL YES...same for P-40.

I am primarily an armor builder.  Something I have noticed in switching over to aircraft in the last few years is what a dearth of quality kits exist in the airplane world.  

I think the reason WNW gets so much excitement is b/c highly detailed, good fitting aircraft kits are rare.

In this sense, we could use the Royal Tamiya Treatment of just about EVERYTHING.

This could all be easily solved if Dragon would go crazy making airplane kits, but for some reason, they don't seem to want to do that.