MiG-15bis (early) 1:18

Menelaos

Dear all,

this is a decision I took the last days, even if my available modeling time is almost 0. The BIG MiG-15bis is looking at me many years now and I think it's time to give a try to build a realy nice aircraft model out it...

here are some pics of the "ready to go" model came out many years ago....A realy nice made model, that is most accurate and...BIG The model is actualy the bis version, but stil has the landing light inside the air intake... that's not a drawback, because if you want to make an early bis then you will need it there...the model is painted silver and depict Pepelyayevs red 925 i think he never flown the red 925 ...but the Black or blue 925...but any way
I will go to build Sutyagins red 132 (top Korean War ace with 22 kills made all with this ac),.....more to come...

DSCN2306.jpg
DSCN2312.jpg
DSCN2313.jpg
DSCN2316.jpg

DSCN2321-b.jpg
DSCN2327.jpg

DSCN2329.jpg
DSCN2330.jpg
DSCN2332.jpg
DSCN2335.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

I think the 1:18 is the appropriate scale for the small Fagot...

and just like the Starfighter is a very "tasty" scale....

Now I have to take the model apart... there are many screws to remove to come closer to the cockpit and to other parts...

to be cont.

Edited by Menelaos

I have a question regarding the type of the MiG-15 red 132 (121032)...looking at the profiles there's no UHF antenna on the fuselage to see...an early bis? does someone of you guys has a source for the Fagot serial numbers? from which serial Nr the intake landing light deleted?

Edited by Menelaos

today I removed all of the stencils (numbers and stars) on fuselage and wings of the model, because they are indeed slightly 3d, and when I put the bare metal foil on them, without remove them, then you can see it... pics will follow...

Edited by Menelaos

first wing separated.. be careful again...just do not try to cut them apart...(glued) there are 3 screws again!

The main landing gear gives the major details and needs much more...but not too much.. the MLG doors are not separated...

20150509_211948_zpsskgpafqr.jpg20150509_212018_zpsgjwuqi6r.jpg

Edited by Menelaos

looking at that ready to use model, you can recongnize that it's a mixture of an early and a late MiG-15bis.

The guns are the later NR-23 but the gun blast Panels are the early ones (separate).

The landing light on the intake is an early future.

The Speed Brakes are the typical larger bis ones

even one more more landing light is under the wing as well (the nose light was moved there by later ac)

nose landing gear the later one...same as on MiG-17...

otherwise everything else is a typical late bis....

but that's not a Problem, everything can be changed easily.

Now I have to find out if Sutyagins 121032 bis was an early or late aircraft...(I don't have any other Serial Nrs)... but I think it could be an early one.... :hmmm: :shrug:

Can someone help me please? :please:

Edited by Menelaos

Brian yes! hell! That toy is made in some regions realy good...can't wait to see it coverd with bare metal foil!

It's indeed a hybrid of late/early Fagot-B (bis).

I have the suspicion from other MiGs that the Serial number 121032 is an early one... a lot of work is ahead of me...

Edited by Menelaos

some progress (small) for today folks

If you want to separate the wheels then you have to pull out the rim...the tire is holded with a screw

so this is the way to get the landing gear strut naked

I also separate the MLG doors

On the fin I discover 2 falshe panels that I covered with putty. New ones must be engarved

Next step is to make some edges thinner...

20150521_213640_zpsx6363r07.jpg

20150521_213755_zpslbubzuyo.jpg

20150521_213718_zps4qufwgns.jpg

20150520_222852_zps96sofv1m.jpg

20150520_222950_zpsvqjg3agj.jpg

20150521_213838_zpsritpntum.jpg

20150520_222651_zpsp8yfd0j7.jpg

Edited by Menelaos