I've tried to post a photo of my own Bible, but the computer refused to read the memory card. Made in China, the PC, so I guess he must be an atheist
As for the kit build: I am close now to glue one of the Aires UC bays. Maybe it would have been easier to clean up the ejector marks of the kit
But the AM was there in the stash for years and so it goes in. Looks also better when installed. Sanding to fit is easy, but somewhat time consuming to avoid overstressing/breaking the part and to ensure a smooth fit. I sanded down the top as reqired, but also made the tub shallower by sanding down the rim as much as possible without loosing visible detail. Also sanded the inner side of the upper wing to some extend.
If you want to use the Aires set AND show the wings folded up you meet another problem: The outer side of the wheel well is also the central wing spant, exposed by folded up outer wing. But the Aires wheel well has no detail at the outside... So I used Trumpies wing spant and sawed off the outer wall of the Aires tub. To ensure a good fit and to harmonize the look of kit and AM parts I cut off the details from the UC bay side of the spant. This helped also to fill all that ejector marks. Will rebuild the lost details with strip styrene when the UC tub parts are glued into the wing.
Edited by dutik, 11 March 2015 - 10:18 AM.