1/400 RMS Titanic - Revell

Iain

Guest Maxim

Looking good.  I keep eyeing the 1/350 version.  I believe Trumpeter has in fact announced a 1/200 Titanic.  If they put their A team on it, that could be something to see.

Yes Trumpeter have announced a 1/200 scale Titanic. Due in the third quarter this year. I'll be picking one up for sure. It''l be 53" in length!

Yes Trumpeter have announced a 1/200 scale Titanic. Due in the third quarter this year. I'll be picking one up for sure. It''l be 53" in length!

Outstanding. Whether or not I'll ever get one is questionable, but I'd certainly like to see it.

I'd actually be tempted in 1:200 - depending upon price - and whether Pontos etc. do an 'all out' set...

But I'd have to complete my 1:200 Hood first - or it would just be more cash - turned into dreaming - turned into very expensive loft insulation!

Iain

I can tell you one thing for sure, the fourth (aft) funnel is a dummy, just put there by the designers for aesthetic purposes, and is in no way functional. This is true of the other ships of the class as well, if I recall correctly.

I can tell you one thing for sure, the fourth (aft) funnel is a dummy, just put there by the designers for aesthetic purposes, and is in no way functional. This is true of the other ships of the class as well, if I recall correctly.

Correct that it only had three boiler casings and three smoking funnels but the aft funnel wasn't purely aesthetic, it ventilated the engine and turbine casings.

Right, my saying it was purely aesthetic, was an overreach, for sure. I have a great photo of one of the funnels before installation, and it was gigantic.

As most ship's funnels are a lot more than tubes for smoke, it was just as functional as the rest

Cathy and I attended a Titanic exhibition in Spokane Washington last moth, it is a traveling thing, with actual artifacts from the ship..............they had an expedition ( many of them of course) and brought up some items..a couple of the rivets. a pot from the galley, a massive hunk of coal from the bunkers, money, wallets, and some clothing, a shirt, , tie, shoes and eye glasses...... all in special hermetically sealed controlled display cases.... if the exhibition comes close to you, GO SEE IT !  It is awesome and captivating.......it was like seeing the twisted steel beams from the Twin Towers we saw on the back of a semi a few years ago........ makes it more real than ever and the human touch is an unbelievable feeling.... they are not just bits and pieces, but the human factor....... truly incredible...

Sorry to distract from your build Iain.....

It is called  Titanic: The  Artifact Exhibition   Google it and see where it's going next.....