Wave Oskar - Maschinen Krieger

Nessus

Thanks all.

Tnarg, this is the Wave release of the Oskar, with the Hexamodel engine set including their base. Pretty much everything that you see is included in the combination of both sets excluding the power cable running to the head from the hull (that's a 2mm spring), some phone cabling for the engine and the hydraulics hoses for the rams.

The hull texture is Mr Surfacer 1200 stippled on with a stiff brush and then knocked back ever so slightly with a sheet of 600 wet and dry. The casting numbers are the sprue numbers from a 1/48 Tamiya Wirbelwind kit sliced off and melted into place on the hull with Tamiya extra thin.

Since I have not used the base from the Wave Oskar, I can use it on my Modelkasten Oskar which uses a vac form hull and doesn't come with a base. I wish I had bought the heavy armour set for that one, but I should be able to scratch it.

I do, however, have the Hexamodel Dollhouse in 1/20. It's Yuuuuuge........

Edited by Nessus

• 3 weeks later...

It looks really cool! 

I recently purchased my first ever Ma.K. kit: the old Nitto boxing of the "Fireball" in 1/20.

I think Ma.K. is pretty cool.

What I like in particular is I don't think there is any right or wrong way to do any of it, so you have a ton of creative flexibility that is lacking in modeling historical subjects.

It's actually a lot more fun to be able to do what you want, and not "what must be."