Anyone for an RNZAF Skyhawk 'Kahu' panel and HUD?

Anthony in NZ

Hi guys

Well, I have taken the plunge and am going to get an RNZAF Skyhawk panel and HUD made using 3D printing technology. If anyone wants one then PM me and I will let you know where I am at. I have the price for CAD work done and am looking to getting it printed. I have supplied a pile of detail photos and measurements etc for a superdetailed unit.

If I can get enough people wanting one and you are happy to confirm it with me, I will go ahead and include you in the 'group'. If it works out well and everyone likes it we can get other Skyhawk stuff made (like stores pylons or D704 buddy refuelling store etc?). Maybe even a T-Bird using the A-4M kit??? Ok maybe I am getting carried away.......

I am just happy to cover my costs to do this, but the more who want it the more we can save and make the Trumpy Skyhawk a masterpiece.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hi guys

Well, I have taken the plunge and am going to get an RNZAF Skyhawk panel and HUD made using 3D printing technology. If anyone wants one then PM me and I will let you know where I am at. I have the price for CAD work done and am looking to getting it printed. I have supplied a pile of detail photos and measurements etc for a superdetailed unit.

If I can get enough people wanting one and you are happy to confirm it with me, I will go ahead and include you in the 'group'. If it works out well and everyone likes it we can get other Skyhawk stuff made (like stores pylons or D704 buddy refuelling store etc?). Maybe even a T-Bird using the A-4M kit??? Ok maybe I am getting carried away.......

I am just happy to cover my costs to do this, but the more who want it the more we can save and make the Trumpy Skyhawk a masterpiece.

Let me know what you think

Cheers

Anthony

Now you are to something Anthony. Way to go....

Ok guys

Looks like we are all go!

I woke up this morning, and have just logged on to a ton of PM' so we should be able to do it for a great price

Nice to see there is so much interest in the RNZAF's upgraded Skyhawk!

I am just going to put the jug on and make a cuppa and go through them all.

Those of you that hevent PM'd with email address, I will put mine up here for a short while

abgalbraith@clear.net.nz

Cheers
Anthony

Ok, this is who I have at this point:

Me

Matthew Judd (hamfistsnz)

Mike Swinburne (Seiran01) x2

Mark (Mark31)

Jason (private_hell)

Mike Bhangu (Youngtiger1)

Dave Johnson (moeggo)

Andy (Kagemusha)x2

Jason (Scat)

BlairMcDonald

Don Simms (you gotta get his RNZAF Skyhawk book!!)

Bruce (pacificmustang) x2

Plus a couple of local Kiwi's I know will be keen when I phone them later

Let me know if I have that all correct, and when I have everyones email addresses I will sling out a group email.

Cheers and thanks for all of your support!!

Anthony

Edited by Anthony in NZ

Hi Dave

Yes, I think the ILS/VOR antennas as well as the ALR-66 underwing antennas. I would like to see a new fan face, pylons, Radar Altimeter corrected shape (that is the boat shape fairing under the port wing) etc. Most of everything else specific to the Kahu (like chaff/flare buckets, antennas etc) are included in the kit already. I am pretty sure I should also do the avionics boxes in the open nose panels as well as they are different as they include the hardware for the APG-66NZ radar fitted.

But baby steps first, I will see how this pans out and if people like it we can look at these other things.

How you getting on with the eyeball turret for the Cat??

Cheers

Anthony

Sound great! I would be down for those bits too! Anything that make life easier!

CAD work is nearly done just have to framing on the turret

Edited by moeggo

Count me in for any other bits and pieces (conversion or correction) as well x2 sets.

No one made decals for the early skyhawk schemes yet in 1/32, did they? I know there's an ex-aussie option on one of the RAAN sheets but the print quality isn't great