My large scale builds

BradG

I posted a Schnellboot eariler but thought I'd put these up too just to show I do actually make large scale too. I'm into captured and post war use of Axis aircraft. All 3 are the new Hasegawa kits.

Focke Wulf 190 - straight from the box but I did mask and paint the red stars using tape.

P1010013_crop.jpg

P1010012_crop.jpg

Ki-84 Frank - heavily modified the seat and added belts. Markings painted with home made masks again.

2-3.jpg

5-3.jpg

Bf 109G-14 - seat belts added, numerous things left off like amour and guns markings from the spares box (except the P).

P1010010_crop.jpg

P1010009_crop.jpg

d-1.jpg

Brilliant work, Brad! I especially like the Soviet Dora. I've seen a picture of an entire squadron of them in Soviet markings - I think they served in a regiment in the postwar on the Baltic - I can't remember for how long. Your Frank and Gustav are very nice also - great job weathering the Frank. I always enjoy seeing aeroplanes in non-standard markings, for example, I'm doing a P-47D in Soviet markings and some day I'll do a Lancaster in Soviet markings (and probably a B-17) - all in 1/72nd scale, although a Soviet P-47D in 1/32nd scale I would definitely consider. I could even use the leftover bombs from my HB IL-2.

Regards,

Jason

I've seen all three of these models in the flesh, and they're even better than they look here (which is fantastic). Great work Brad; glad to see you posting buddy. How about a WiP thread now?

:coolio:

Kev

WOuld love to see some photos of how you modified the seat on yours too.

Thanks guys!

What I did was I cut the bottom out of the seat, thinned the back and replaced the bottom with plastic card. It isn't 100% accurate but looks better than the stock part, plus I couldn't justify another $25 to get a resin seat.